Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ok so it will happen but when? How close are we to saying good buy to the dslr? To me it seems like lots of people don't buy point and shoot cameras any more because they have smart phones with good cameras.

It's all very interested. The next chapter of camera technology is starting.

02-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tahoejeepmom Quote
Ok so it will happen but when? How close are we to saying good buy to the dslr?
Many years yet, and that's chiefly for the APS-C level. FF cameras will probably continue to have dSLRs, but I'm sure there will be a number of MILC options there as well.
02-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Many years yet, and that's chiefly for the APS-C level. FF cameras will probably continue to have dSLRs, but I'm sure there will be a number of MILC options there as well.
You must be in a different timezone then? I didn't realize timezones could be years apart though.

Coming march: Let’s drop the bomb: New Samsung Full Frame NX-R to come in March? | Mirrorless Rumors
That's before Pentax DSLR lol!

Poor man's FF is already there for mirrorless right now: Speed Bootster adapter for NEX, MFT and Fuji X mount. | Mirrorless Rumors
An option cameras crippled with a mirror don't have.

Full frame NEX cameras in one year from last december:
Full Frame NEX cameras coming in one year. NEX-7 style and 24 or 30-32MP sensor. | Mirrorless Rumors

And Canon is up to something too:
A Canon Full Frame Mirrorless dream (50mm f/2.0 lens patent spotted). | Mirrorless Rumors

And Fuji is rumoured to be developing FF mirrorless as well. I know I'll buy that one, regardless of it's specs.
02-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #19
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
There is no doubt it will happend.

I think the questions are:

When will the features/quality surpass the DSLR we see today (FF and APS-C)?

When will it be cheap enough to send out to the average consumer?

As processors get's faster and better, and batteries get's more power - it's just a matter of time.
Everything get's smaller too.
So when they can pack everything up small enough and make it cheaper/better it will happend.

And in regards to the shortcomings on mirrorless today - i think they will just compensate for those with processing power

02-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The results of a MILC are dependent on the sensor, just like the dSLR, and have little to do with the VF. Before MILCs photographers had to see the scene in a creative sense to capture it the way they wanted it to be captured. MILCs, by virtue of their EVF, allow the photographer to see the scene almost as it will appear on the RAW/JPEG file by virtue if its EVF. And it's going to be more advanced (and popular) with time.

But as for ditching the dSLR, it's grossly exaggerated to suggest that from rumours as credible as the Pentax FF camera, there are going to be a few more MILC offerings, which somehow spell doom for dSLRs.