Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
well i did it. i upgraded from my k-x

not expecting to upgrade as of yet i thought until i was bored at work and started doing some online shopping. i knew i was wanting to upgrade to a k5 but i was always holding myself back because i didnt want to get a "typical" black camera. i loved the idea that my white k-x stood out in a crown of DSLR's it always attracts attention. ive always marched to the beat of a different drum. (maybe thats one of the reasons why i chose pentax over the nikcanon's ) so i thought about the k30 so i can have options. that blue k30 was calling my name. until i got reacquainted the the silver edition k5. i was inlove with this camera when i first seen it but being a newbie i wasnt going to spend no where near that kind of money until i learned more about DSLR shooting, lenses etc. so i bought the k-x which still impresses me to this day with the capabilities this camera has for the price. now i know that function is more important than aesthetics but no one wants an ugly camera like the k-01 lol. (sorry k-01 users i would only use that thing for night shooting so no one can see it.) you want to be just as happy with the outside of things as you are with the inside and the k5 is no slouch. and the silver edition k5 in my eyes just cant be beat in regards to a prettier DSLR and the capabilities. which is why i purchased the silver edition k5 over the k30. it bought it with the lens package not just the housing. BNIB for $1,100, that was the best deal i found online seeing some without the lens package for as much as $1,600! still, i dont know if i got a great deal, but i feel i got a good deal. I cant wait to get my hands on it but no choice. i'll have to for at least 5-7 days

02-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy your cool new camera, but don't bash the K-01
02-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter

A great price for a cool looking camera - and hopefully the modified grip fits you well. Enjoy all those buttons and switches!
02-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy your cool new camera, but don't bash the K-01
He clearly missed the thread where the yellow K-01 was described as "better than a puppy" for attracting girls. Hipster chicks, maybe, but who's to judge?

02-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
A great price for a cool looking camera - and hopefully the modified grip fits you well. Enjoy all those buttons and switches!
oh yes! as any man does i love buttons, switches, fast cars, and refuses to stop for directions or read a user manual. (which im sure i won't lol)
02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
He clearly missed the thread where the yellow K-01 was described as "better than a puppy" for attracting girls. Hipster chicks, maybe, but who's to judge?
oh that yellow k-01...well i'll put my silver editions looks up against that cinder block any day lol. my buddy has the k-01 and i cant help to give him hell about it. even tho i secretly like it....some but not enough lol.