Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
What is this, I have never seen a K-m before....

REFLEX DIGITAL PENTAX K : PENTAX K-m !! COMME NEUF | eBay

02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The K2000 is called the K-m in some markets.
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Um.. its the camera before the K-x? I think its in the camera database here.
Pentax K-m/K2000 - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

At 300 euro its a little expensive. The K-x and K-r are probably better and cost around the same.
Edit: But looking at that listing, is a very cute camera and really looks like its mint.
02-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Um.. its the camera before the K-x? I think its in the camera database here.
Pentax K-m/K2000 - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

At 300 euro its a little expensive. The K-x and K-r are probably better and cost around the same.
Edit: But looking at that listing, is a very cute camera and really looks like its mint.
Probably worth around 150EUR I'd say. 300 would be the price for a K-x or a K-r.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I have a K-m...bought it in 2009 for $ 529 CAD, included an 18-55 lens. At the time it was the smallest DSLR available. I use it a lot with my 40mm Limited pancake lens and thus equipped it's not a whole lot larger than my Canon G 12.

Great camera...has the same 10 something MP sensor as my K10D...with some updated features. Photo's taken are impossible to tell which...the K10D or K-m took.

It was marketed as the Pentax basic...sort of like a digital K1000...and why in the US market it was called the K2000. Other markets it was known as the K-m.

I've got 1000's of shutter actuation's on mine and touch wood...it runs like a Swiss watch.

Value...I would say $ 225 would be fair......if a Kx is going for $ 300 as the K-m doesn't do video.
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

'm' for 'mini', or so I've read. The K-m/K2000 introduced the body that was reused by the K-x, including the lack of AF points in the viewfinder and no top LCD (left off to save space). The sensor is the 10 MP CCD from the K10D/K200D. The K-m also began the Pentax practice of colors other than black or silver with an olive green limited edition and a white version that spawned the 'Stormtrooper' nickname.
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter

It was my first Pentax. I bought it because it was the smallest dslr around.

Advantages:
-small size
-uses AA batteries; does not suck up battery life either
-image quality in good light is pretty good.

Disadvantages:
-not good for high speed shooting
-if you shoot in portrait mode, the pictures do not auto-rotate, you have to rotate it in the computer.
-focus points not visible.
-its an older camera, even iso 800 is stretching it for low light.
-mine tends to underexpose a little. I mostly shot with +0.5 ev

I still use mine with the Limited Lenses when I want to carry something light.
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ok, thank you everyone, I didn't realize the K-m was a K2000 That helps alot also the value then as well