Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Just handled the GX-20 and K20D Price

Just had a play today with the GX-20 at Focus in Birmingham. I have to admit that I am pretty impressed with it. I mainly looked at the Live View feature, and even zooming in, the focusing in live view was pretty good. Whilst I appreciate the restrictions of the LCD resolution, in reality it was not a problem. The model was a pre production, it still felt impressive. Unfortunately Pentax were not there themselve for me to try the K20D version, but trying the GX-20 was close enough.

Now, the good bit, as you are aware, Pentax put the price on the K20D as £899 body only, one store at the show put this price for the K20D with the Kit lens, and even better, another store had the Price of the K20D at £749 (body only). Now this is more like it. Lets hope that Pentax discussions with Pentax Europe about the price are coming to fruition.

I am still going to hold back until the full tests have been made by the press, and then I will make the decision later in the year. In the meantime, early signs are looking good, from the brief handling I had today.