Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #106
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
When was it available in the past?
What makes you think it is being taken away, when we have just pointed out it is coming, soon?

Pentax K10d/k20d

Compatibility of Pentax digital camera with Windows and Macintosh : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
Look how the PENTAX REMOTE Assistant is phased out.

10-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
When was it available in the past?
What makes you think it is being taken away, when we have just pointed out it is coming, soon?
The problem is that "tethering" covers a range of capability. I think people here are confusing one-another by having different ideas in their minds.

I have used a cable from a laptop to shoot with my K-5IIs in a studio. (The camera was positioned near the ceiling and couldn't be reached). I could initiate auto-focus and trigger the shutter from the laptop, and download the DNGs to it for immediate viewing.

Some would call that tethering. Others wouldn't.
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Exactly , The Pentax reps at the Photo show made a live demonstration of the Flucard with the Ipad and the K-3. It's real, full control of the K-3
10-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Exactly , The Pentax reps at the Photo show made a live demonstration of the Flucard with the Ipad and the K-3. It's real, full control of the K-3
With live view or no?

10-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #110
Veteran Member

I suspect that once people/developers have had a look at how Pentax have implemented the Flucard solution, there may be more tethering options.

At the moment you have the older Pentax solutions for K20D (Windows/Mac), the Pentax 645D tethering app (Windows/Mac), pktriggercord (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry), pktether (Windows) , and now the O-FC1 (iOS/Android/Windows?). Plus maybe a few other apps that provide some element of tethering that I have missed. So there is already a small eco-system of Pentax tethering software out there.

All that's really missing for a lot of pro or semi-pro users is native support for Pentax tethering in Lightroom and Capture One, and possibly release of a SDK to help 3rd party developers out. Maybe all those features will come soon, especially if Ricoh keeps listening to customers.
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
With live view or no?
Look about 6 posts above you:

QuoteQuote:
You can release the K-3’s shutter and change exposure settings from a distance while checking the Live View image, and download and browse captured images on your smartphone/tablet monitor.
10-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Look about 6 posts above you:
I was trying to get confirmation from the person who saw the demonstration...

12-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #113
Veteran Member

k30 with a surface.... needs tethering +juan
12-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #114

Photos: Albums
~~Id like tethering on my next camera, and with a cable.. i hate wireless stuff.
12-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Can't one just buy an Eye-Fi card? Eye-Fi 16GB SDHC Memory Card Pro X2 Wireless Class 10
12-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #116
Veteran Member

We're looking for something well beyond a wireless transmission of images. Real-time tethering and full off-camera control would be ideal.
03-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #117

Why are Pentax so keen to loose support?
I've been a Pentaxiun for 20yrs but I am tired of waiting for full frame and now I need thethering I learn that it's been dropped from new models????????
Just been to teh Photographic show and every manufacturer was there - excepr Pentax.
They're not even trying to keep up!!!
Full frame and Tethering or sell up!!
03-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #118
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kempy Quote
Why are Pentax so keen to loose support?
I've been a Pentaxiun for 20yrs but I am tired of waiting for full frame and now I need thethering I learn that it's been dropped from new models????????
Just been to teh Photographic show and every manufacturer was there - excepr Pentax.
They're not even trying to keep up!!!
Full frame and Tethering or sell up!!
Yes, we have a forum dedicated to just that.
Pentax Full Frame - PentaxForums.com
03-06-2014, 04:15 AM   #119

Hi tethering fans!

Take care what you wish for...
I wanted tethering to simplify sequence shooting with gps/astrotracer mode . .. (DREAM)
but...
gps/astrotracer mode wont work (naturally), near electronic equipment emmitting an electromagnetic field... (REALITY)
Don't take my word for it - compare astrotracer performance with/without a PD in the vicinity.
regards,
Peter.

PS Full-frame?

We Pentaxians have one of the fullest frames of all - 645! Why settle for less? Might as well complain why we don't have a digital 6x7 - plenty of us ol' timers dream of balancing sleek, sweet, plastique, petite, young bodies on the end of some truly silly saggy glass!

So: Pentaxians! RAH! RAH! RAH!.. get behind 645 before it is gone through lack of support - instead of complaining about an inferior 35mm format that just bloats the undeserved reps of Nikon and Canon. ;-D

OMG I think I've talked myself into buying a "q".... can i GET a 6x7 to q adapter?
Better than my Russian 6x6 to K adapter:
- Tilt(YAY);
- Shift (CROWD GOES WILD),
- Plus DROOP (hello? anybody?)

:-(

Last edited by Peter Manning; 03-06-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: more humour
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah yeah I want tethering, to me its a sign of professionalism when doing studio work, and should be included automatically. Petitions like this should be unnecessary.