Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Lord, but that's a gorgeous shot, Lithos. Couldn't have posed it better.

And your strap comment reminds me -- I've swapped my camera strap for a guitar strap. I MUCH prefer having it hung by my hip than in the middle of my chest, and you can get much cooler looking guitar straps. Yes, it takes some creative tying or wiring or whatever to connect it to your camera, but the other advantage is that you can be sure to tie it in such a way that if you have along lens on it, it will indeed hang DOWN instead of sticking out.

03-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

f/8 and be there
03-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Lithos

Your post had a bit of everything. A very good read!
03-11-2008, 03:39 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by amateur6 Quote
Lord, but that's a gorgeous shot, Lithos. Couldn't have posed it better.

And your strap comment reminds me -- I've swapped my camera strap for a guitar strap. I MUCH prefer having it hung by my hip than in the middle of my chest, and you can get much cooler looking guitar straps. Yes, it takes some creative tying or wiring or whatever to connect it to your camera, but the other advantage is that you can be sure to tie it in such a way that if you have along lens on it, it will indeed hang DOWN instead of sticking out.
NB: That shot isn't actually a gig shot. It's a street shot, which is why I have no qualms about sticking on teh intarwebs. It's a direct result of me not figuring out how the hell to work the Sigma 530 flash, which resulted in extremely low flash power I was trying to bounce off the shop overhanging roof thingy (I don't know what they're called. Not awnings.) It's pure drunken LAMB action, and I couldn't have posed it better myself, either.

Never would use a guitar strap. Puts the camera further out of sight, where some bastard can spill beer on it, as most of the time when beer is spilt it's below the level my K100D hangs on its kit strap (K100D's ain't weather sealed.)

Plus, at a metal gig, if you've got a "cool" guitar strap, it raises the Nickability Factor by about ten.

And an SMC-M 135mm will ensure a K100D hangs downwards, anyway.

To prove I'm not just talking big, I'll post my pics from the last, oh, four years or so in teh gallery.

03-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

here are a couple from an example of a few shows I shot back in November and December...I was using the 50mm 1.4 and had them set to 1.4 and 2.0 mostly...turned out ok, I think.

Jason