Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

know-it-alls lol

I wonder if so many of my photog friends would be so "matter-of-fact" if I were shooting with a Canikon?

how can I shut them up lol?

any advice for dealing with fanboys?

I love my k-30!!!!

02-19-2013, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"You mean you weren't invited to get a Pentax? I wondered why you had a Canikon."
02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Use a simple analogy: just because 90% of smartphone users have an iPhone or an Android doesn't mean that other phones out there aren't worthy of being used, let alone inferior! The same basically applies to Pentax, though the argument isn't quite as simple if you dig a bit deeper.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you are happy with what you have, why even take the time to argue!?
Smile (politely / superiorly - choose your stamp) and move on with your business .

02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you have a WR lens, a small spray bottle of water works well.
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"You mean you weren't invited to get a Pentax? I wondered why you had a Canikon."

hahahahahahaha
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Use a simple analogy: just because 90% of smartphone users have an iPhone or an Android doesn't mean that other phones out there aren't worthy of being used, let alone inferior! The same basically applies to Pentax, though the argument isn't quite as simple if you dig a bit deeper.
very true!

02-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
If you have a WR lens, a small spray bottle of water works well.

omg thats an awesome idea! hahahaha
02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
If you are happy with what you have, why even take the time to argue!?
Smile (politely / superiorly - choose your stamp) and move on with your business .
I am BEYOND happy with my k-30! <3
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They are just trolling for a response.
They would never admit it but I bet they have a grudging respect that you dare to be a bit different. You can either go with it and possibly enjoy some witty arguments (Pentax does have some significant advantages over Canikons - and some disadvantages) or just ignore them (they will give up eventually when they don't get a response to their trolls).
But what ever you do - do not take it seriously!
A master photography with a budget point and shoot will beat a beginner with a shiny DSLR. So in other words YOU matter more than the camera you are using. Not that there is anything wrong with a Pentax. As long as you like using your Pentax and it fits with how you operate then thats all that matters.
02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I let my pictures speak for themselves. Nevermind that you're not going to get the performance and features at the same price point on another system.
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
They are just trolling for a response.
They would never admit it but I bet they have a grudging respect that you dare to be a bit different. You can either go with it and possibly enjoy some witty arguments (Pentax does have some significant advantages over Canikons - and some disadvantages) or just ignore them (they will give up eventually when they don't get a response to their trolls).
But what ever you do - do not take it seriously!
A master photography with a budget point and shoot will beat a beginner with a shiny DSLR. So in other words YOU matter more than the camera you are using. Not that there is anything wrong with a Pentax. As long as you like using your Pentax and it fits with how you operate then thats all that matters.

thanks for this!!!!
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Pictures and Weather. Show one and take photos when the other is poor.

I was at NASA a year or so ago and got some grief from someone, then it started to rain - a real downpour - and everyone except one pro and I stayed out there shooting. He, very nicely, suggested that with my APS-C I ought to run for cover. I explained that mine was WR and he asked me a few questions. Nice guy. I got shots that those poor Canikon users hiding under the bleachers couldn't get from where they were huddled together to protect their precious cameras.
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

It doesn't matter. If you shot Canon, you would get comments about why you are shooting a 60D instead of a 7D. Got a 7D? Should have gotten a 5D.

In the automotive world we call these people "magazine racers".
02-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I let my pictures speak for themselves. Nevermind that you're not going to get the performance and features at the same price point on another system.
I love that im not afraid of this camera haha. I wont touch my friends Canon....

and is the k-30 smaller then the t4i? it sure seemed that way when i was at best buy the other night. didnt have mine for comparison.