Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #1

K100D - Turning off the LCD?

Hello all Pentax people,

I'm considering a K100D as a first time DSLR - I'm very impressed with what I've seen, and I have just one concern about the camera:

When shooting, camera up to the face, is the main LCD on? I know that it doesn't have an infrared sensor like the Canon 400D which detects your eye by the viewfinder and turns the screen off, but is it possible to turn the screen off which taking pictures, so there's no distracting light near your eye?

I've heard that the main (2.5") LCD screen on the back is only on for picture preview and playback function, therefore there is no need to worry about it being on when you bring the camera up to your face to shoot. I've heard this from both a store that carried the camera, and Pentax Canada itself...but I wanted to definitely make sure that either this is the case, or that you can turn the screen off prior to shooting, from people who actually use the camera.

I appreciate your help!

Cheers,

R.ticle One

02-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not to worry. The screen turns off when you half press the shutter button if it should happen to be on. It will usually will be off anyway unless you're in playback mode. The record preview is brief (you set the duration of record preview with a custom function, and can also disable it) and will also turn off when the shutter is half-pressed.
02-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Fantastic,

Thanks for the quick response.

Best,

R.ticle One