Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #1

Is Cameraland in NYC an authorized dealer?

I am really excited because I just won an auction on eBay for a slightly used K5IIS on eBay. The seller told me he purchased it new at Cameraland in NYC, never registered the camera, and is including the original receipt. I have learned through this site that in order to get warranty work done through Pentax, the camera must have been purchased through an authorized dealer.

When I search Pentax's web site for local retailers their name is not listed. Is there a way I can be positively sure? Of course Cameraland is not open today but the seller says they are authorized. I prefer to hear this from others to be sure

Also, I am quoting an older thread from our forum, "CameraLand seem to be Auhtorized Dealer, listed on PENTAX site as Re-seller(sagar)." Considering this is current info, will a purchase from a re-seller prevent me from getting warranty work done if need be?

Any knowing comments would be greatly appreciated!

02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

I am not sure about your circumstances, but I contacted Pentax for there policies on their chat line back in 1/13 and this is what they said:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You have been connected to Paul C.
Paul C: Thank you for contacting Pentax Chat Support. How may I help you?
Robert: What is Pentax's policy on warranty service on new Pentax lens purchased in the USA from non-Pentax dealers (such as Overstock.com)?
Paul C: just include the proof of purchase and we will usually honor the warranty
Robert: Thanks. That is excellent customer relations.
Paul C: do you need the address to send in to
Robert: Hopefully not, I was just obtaining information before the purchase.
Paul C: ok... just contact us if you have any other questions
Robert: Thanks again. Have a great day.
Paul C: Thank you for dropping by, Robert , and have a great day as well !
Thank you for using InstantService. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Pentax is great on there warranty services!

Robert
02-24-2013, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
If you look up authorized online retailers for a K-30 on the Pentax website, it lists Camera Land as an authorized dealer.
02-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing Robert. That takes a lot of the worry out of my transaction. When I buy stuff on eBay I always contemplate the worst case scenarios, as I have received things several times not as described. I think I will call Camera Land first thing in the morning just to ensure the fact and cure me of my paranoia Either way, the seller has a rating of 969 with 100% feedback. I think I'll be ok.

Thank again!

Dave

02-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by civano Quote
If you look up authorized online retailers for a K-30 on the Pentax website, it lists Camera Land as an authorized dealer.
I must have been on the wrong page--> Find a PENTAX Retailer

Kim, thank you for letting me know for sure. I will surely sleep better tonight knowing my used K5IIs is covered for the next 11 months!
02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by primo Quote
I must have been on the wrong page--> Find a PENTAX Retailer

Kim, thank you for letting me know for sure. I will surely sleep better tonight knowing my used K5IIs is covered for the next 11 months!
You are welcome! I'm glad you will get a better night of sleep. I just recently bought a Tamron 28-75 lens through them via Ebay since they had the best price on it. I knew they were an authorized Tamron dealer and thought they were an authorized Pentax dealer.