Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2008, 07:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've travelled through Germany numeous times.
You probably end up with landscape, architecture and night shots.

Take a walk around lens (18-250mm) standard mounted, supported by a low light lens.
For extra, a macro can be nice as well. If you can afford the 10-17mm may be good in doors.
Do not forget a light weigth tripod for in the evening.

Watch your calarories while being in Germany , food is good.

- Bert

03-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just got back from 10 days in Germany and echo everything that has already been mentioned......especially the part about the food! If you like meat (pork in particular) you will eat like a pig! (no pun intended)

Pics from my favorite restaurant (in Dusseldorf):

03-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #18
Site Supporter

All the other posters have given you great advice on lens, batteries, cards, tripods etc. My advice would be to make sure you have lens/sensor cleaning equipment including at least a Rocket Blower. You will almost certainly get dust etc. on your lens, mirror etc. while you are changing lenses. A blower can be the difference between a great clean shot and a shot that could have been great. Good luck and great shots.