Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Battery Charging the K10D on the road

Is'nt there some product out there that one could use to charge the K10D battery while traveling on the road? Seems that some company would have come up with that little feature. I am going to Utah soon (out in the boonies) and would like some back-up system so I would be able to keep on taking shots. Is purchasing a 2nd battery the only option?
Thanks in advance.

02-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

grizzly, you can pick up an ac inverters such as this one anywhere:
Amazon.com: Xantrex Technologies XPower Micro 175-Watt Inverter #851-0178: Electronics
02-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi GRIZZLY GULCH

Re your idea:

QuoteQuote:
Is purchasing a 2nd battery the only option?
I decided it would be a wise investment to purchase three 3rd-party LIon batteries at the same time as I bought my K10D.
Having said that, these batteries should probably last for between 600-800 exposures each if fully charged. I paid £10.00 per battery (approx $20.00) which is way less than the official Pentax ones. Click on the links below for further information:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/134253-post5.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/17823-battery-k10d...arty+batteries

If you Google for Minolta NP-400 Battery Charger (which is compatible with the Pentax K10D battery), I'm sure you'd find something suitable on a US web-site such as these examples ? Please note that the products below are supplied with a 12-24V in-car lead for recharging the battery whilst driving your vehicle.

CTA Mini Battery Charger for the Minolta - CompUPlus Direct

NP-400 Battery Charger

PENTAX D-LI50, battery charger

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 02-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GRIZZLY GULCH Quote
Is'nt there some product out there that one could use to charge the K10D battery while traveling on the road? Seems that some company would have come up with that little feature. I am going to Utah soon (out in the boonies) and would like some back-up system so I would be able to keep on taking shots. Is purchasing a 2nd battery the only option?
Thanks in advance.
When I bought my K10D I wanted to be able to charge my batteries whilst on the road too. I found a third party mains charger which is a little taller but narrower than the Pentax supplied one which also came bundled with a lighter socket cable and a DC input so they are available and it wasn't at all expensive.

02-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Forum Member

Hey, I'm headed to Utah on friday(!) and face the same issue. I went out an purchased a second battery, and we have an inverter similar to the one mitchkramez had a link for. This should give me enough for ~1000 shots without a charge, so I think I'll be alright. Have fun!