Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #16

Hello anemrac, I'm a fellow newbie too. Congrats on your new purchase! Looks like we made the exact same jump from the K20d to the IIs at the exact same time. I picked mine up from the post office today and took my to the local nature trail late in the afternoon to test it's low light AF abilities and I am astonished. I found a small herd of deer and the IIs was locking focus until 6:10pm eastern time! I'm not saying the AF is perfect every time in low light, but it's a great improvement over the K20d. I don't need to look hard to see improved image quality either. Today brought back that feeling of being 8yrs old and getting the best Christmas present of my life

PPPPPP42, it certainly is a tough time and especially for phototakers like us. In my opinion, the digital age has made the photographer the lowest on the status ladder for an average wedding. A florist and a dj/band will always be needed and what would you guess the florist to dj/band to photographer ratio is in your city? It seems every family has an Uncle Joe that is fairly handy with a DSLR and it's why I decided to up the ante with the IIs, because it's a competitive business and I want to convince others that my work might be better than Joe's.

03-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #17

Congrats to you too, primo. So far, I am amazed at the difference. Low light performance is exceptional. Can't wait to get out and do some real damage tomorrow. My dog can only sit still for so long.