Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
possible to turn bact to Firmware V1.1?

Hello;
I have got a K10D and love it very much. I use a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 lens but the lens has got a front focusing problem. I have sent lens to be calibrated and waiting for it. But if it fails I will try to adjust it from the service menu of my K10D. I have read that this is possible on Firmware V1.1 but I have V1.3 loaded. Is it possible to reload the V1.1? And if yes, can I load it as I do it V1.3 or a different way? Thanks a lot for answers and attention.

02-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've tried downgrading to v1.1 from 1.2 and 1.3 and was unsuccessful.
I'd be interested to know if anyone's been able to do this...
02-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

there is a hack for that. Let me see....

Vietzon.com Forums
02-28-2008, 12:50 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you very much Aegisphan for your fast reply and help. This will solve the problem

02-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

As I'm sure that you know there's a risk of your camera messing up while upgrading the firmware.
I would imagine that the risk is even greater while using a hack system to downgrade it
02-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi Little Laker;
You are right there is a risk but this is the solution which I will try as a last chance. So at that point I will take all risks. It won't be the end of the world
02-28-2008, 04:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Sure

QuoteOriginally posted by Tayfun Quote
Hello;
I have got a K10D and love it very much. I use a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 lens but the lens has got a front focusing problem. I have sent lens to be calibrated and waiting for it. But if it fails I will try to adjust it from the service menu of my K10D. I have read that this is possible on Firmware V1.1 but I have V1.3 loaded. Is it possible to reload the V1.1? And if yes, can I load it as I do it V1.3 or a different way? Thanks a lot for answers and attention.
Yes, read the full instructions in my earlier article (with relevant download links, too):-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: How to Get Back to an Older Version of the Firmware?

To supplement an additional info, if you need SDM support, just try to find a best setting with the firmware 1.1 and then re-program the 1.3. The adjusted setting will be there!
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for your attention RiceHigh, I have read the explanation which made clear everything in my mind.

02-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a simple question but, Why do you believe the lens is back focusing?

Not to doubt you, but with all the discussions about focusing errors and focusing charts, there is a point you need to consider.

Depth of field is not a linear function, and if you have a focusing chart, and focus on the center line, the depth of field shoud be split 1/3 in front of the line and 2/3 behind the line.

This is an optical property. If you think you are back focusing because the range of acceptible focus is not centered on the line, you are making a mistake.
02-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I've just sent in my k10d body for a BACK focusing issue as well. It had always had a tendency to back focus ever since i bought it new (Nov-2006). Now that Im starting to get paid for some of my work, I want the issue taken care of so i can start getting the most out of my glass. I used a focusing chart, and 3 different lenses to confirm my problem. My focus point was completely out of focus and focus didnt start until a few lines behind it. I also have a Samsung gx-1l body that I tried with all 3 lenses too. That body focused perfect with all 3 lenses using the chart. Which doesnt suprise me because I've always loved the shots that came out of that camera. Best bang for the buck! Hopefully it will come back fixed, if not, I will also try the hack firmware and do some adjusting.
02-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
As a simple question but, Why do you believe the lens is back focusing?
My problem is front focusing and is caused by the lens not the body. I have made the focusing test by Tamron 28-75 f2.8 (which front focuses and gives blurry photos in real life shots) and the same test at the same light conditions by the kit lens. Made both aperture adjustment the same and saw that Tamron is front focusing according to the kit lens. Also I tested the lens by other K10D bodies and the same problem occurs. So I am sure it is front focusing but thanks for the warning which must be really taken to account while focus testing

Last edited by Tayfun; 02-29-2008 at 01:57 AM.
02-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tayfun Quote
Thanks for your attention RiceHigh, I have read the explanation which made clear everything in my mind.
You're welcome. I'm glad that I can be of help.