Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 11:38 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Empty Post of the Day OMG

Ok this post has absolutely no value to anone other than me, but i must share.

After having the red KR on clist for months , it sold...instantly i ordered a basic kit...it was cheaper than body lol no brainer.

So!!! my blue K30 came today! Oooooh i dont know how to relay the feelings. Maybe its the bad day full of stress i've been having. Or maybe its the single bottle of bud ligh...which i dont usually drink in my weak effort to UN-associate from the nascar public, however somehow it worked itself in my fridge. But what a perfect match for the blue K oooooh, and did i say oohhh?

Mid post PS: and no, i am not a teenager that gets drunk off one bottle

The buttons are sooooo smooth, proably bc of the WR but i dont care why, point is they feel terrific! The lens feels ....so much more sealed and tighter despite being the standard version.

I cant figure otu for the life of me how to set the date lol. Once its selected and i hit the logical button(up down) it just jumps to next menue. I am sure it will come to me. Once the excitement calms down i'll open the manual and just read.

So yes, i have successfully made a fool of myself.

Good day gentlemen, and ladies . Friday accomplished!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by Ash; 03-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.
03-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hmm, beer, a camera, mayo and a black cat. I see a lot of potential here!
03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

This is my favorite post I have ever seen on this forum. For real.

Enjoy the K30!
03-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoy your K30, but be sure to read its instruction manual.

03-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, already am! Low light images are amazing. In auto mode with no tweaks btw. I didnt expect to see any super obvious improvements over my kr, but wow.

Manual In progress, most is same as the K.

Turns out i was trying to adjust the date on the line that was for date order(mdy ydm) lol so yeah that was a quick fix.

Now i just need to open up a can of imagination and catch some kodak moments of my own
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_s14 Quote
Ok this post has absolutely no value to anone other than me, but i must share.

After having the red KR on clist for months , it sold...instantly i ordered a basic kit...it was cheaper than body lol no brainer.

So!!! my blue K30 came today! Oooooh i dont know how to relay the feelings. Maybe its the bad day full of stress i've been having. Or maybe its the single bottle of bud ligh...which i dont usually drink in my weak effort to UN-associate from the nascar public, however somehow it worked itself in my fridge. But what a perfect match for the blue K oooooh, and did i say oohhh?

Mid post PS: and no, i am not a teenager that gets drunk off one bottle

The buttons are sooooo smooth, proably bc of the WR but i dont care why, point is they feel terrific! The lens feels ....so much more sealed and tighter despite being the standard version.

I cant figure otu for the life of me how to set the date lol. Once its selected and i hit the logical button(up down) it just jumps to next menue. I am sure it will come to me. Once the excitement calms down i'll open the manual and just read.

So yes, i have successfully made a fool of myself.

Good day gentlemen, and ladies . Friday accomplished!
fridays are such happy days anyway...add a beer and new camera and nothing is better and i mean nothing...ok i can see times that this could be overruled... ENJOY!!
03-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations! My son has the blue K30 and he is very happy with it. You might need to have yours adjusted as it captured the mayo upside down, unless everything else is upside down and the mayo is right side up.

03-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like fun. 2 things you need to do, feed that poor cat and get rid of that filter on the lens.

Cheers.
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #9

K30 and mayo

I just got my K30 a few weeks ago and love it. As for the date, did you press the right arrow?

You didn't mention anything about why the mayo bottle is in the pic.....wait.....I don't think that we want to know!
03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #10

Original Poster
Yeah good times!

brent-b, i figured it out thanks, i was on the wrong line . better late than never haha

Finn, the filter comment sounds like valuable input, care to elaborate? I always thought it made a positive difference, plus i don't have to be as careful wiping it and worrying i'd scratch the lens

And Bumer is responsible for feeding his own damn self , kidding, however he is a pretty bad ass mofo at hunting and just bad-ass period!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by Al_s14; 03-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.
03-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #11

Original Poster
Ok i have attached in correct images, however i cant figure out how to remove ummm

Old KR pics, but one of my favorites. Since were on the feeding subject
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by Al_s14; 03-02-2013 at 03:00 PM.
03-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Al_s14 Quote
the filter comment sounds like valuable input, care to elaborate?
My personal feeling is that filters deteriorate IQ too much. The lens hood will provide lot of protection against physical contact and it also helps with contrast by shading the front element.
As far as wiping the lens, the WR lenses have pretty good coatings to resist scratches. Come to think of it, I can`t remember the last time I had to wipe down the front element. Not saying that I have not done it, just that it is not necessary very often.
My 2c worth, YMMV.

Cheers.
03-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #13
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The cat and filter are fine. Just to change direction of the mayo bottle!
03-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Hmm, beer, a camera, mayo and a black cat. I see a lot of potential here!
That is probably how this started.
Cat and the buttered toast
03-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I just love threads when reading, I have absolutely no idea where the are heading.

This one had the distinct and the unusual accolade of leaving me with the same feeling when I'd finished reading it.