Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #1

Buying new pentax Pentax K5

I like to buy the products here but my problem is how I am going to ship it. My friend suggested that I should try parcelbound.com. Anyone here who has heard or try this? Or can you recommend me a trusted cargo forwarder or parcel online that you know of?

03-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I use the mail and have it insured.

I avoid Fedex, UPS for cross border purchases. Their brokerage fees are highway robbery. Last time I used UPS I bought a $38 head light for my MC. shipping cost $35 and brokerage fees $52.
03-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter

We have some very close friends and some relatives living in Europe. Shipping costs from the United States have become unbelievable; I don't care which agency you use. The United States Postal Service (USPS) will only offer online rates for its Priority or Express services. First Class costs less, but you HAVE to go to a Post Office to obtain it. And the lesser cost is still expensive.

We recently sent a small package weighing 12 ounces / 340 grams via First Class. The cost was US$14.90 with no insurance. The item was a single souvenir etched glass drinking glass that cost us about the same price as the shipping cost. The same package sent via Priority would have cost nearly US$35.
03-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote

We recently sent a small package weighing 12 ounces / 340 grams via First Class. The cost was US$14.90 with no insurance. The item was a single souvenir etched glass drinking glass that cost us about the same price as the shipping cost. The same package sent via Priority would have cost nearly US$35.
Guess that is the end of mailing cheap souvenirs.