Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

View Poll Results: What DSLR do you use on a regular basis.
K-5 IIs 1810.47%
K-5 II 42.33%
K-5 8549.42%
K-30 2615.12%
K-01 3419.77%
K10D 2916.86%
K-r 126.98%
K20D 2816.28%
K-x 2715.70%
earlier Pentax DSLR 5129.65%
Canon FF 63.49%
Nikon FF 31.74%
Canon or Nikon APS-c 137.56%
Other brands 2413.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. John's, NL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 440
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
With 20 votes in, this already has my mind going. I better go take some pictures before I start offering up "expert analysis" of the numbers, with my take on what this means for Pentax as a whole, and possible repercussions of Pentax users. Early results put the K-5 as the most popular current body. Damn, I wish I hadn't left the K-7 off.

Now I need a poll to determine who's participating in this poll, and a poll to determine what they sold to get their most current camera, and one to find out who switched from another brand, and a poll to find out how old everyone is. I need a series of maybe 5 polls. The trouble with data, is, it always makes you want more data.
Sounds like what you really need is a pentax forums census.

03-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,713
QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
I've gone through 3 rolls of film so far. Just on the SQ as it arrived before the GS-1. 1st roll I ruined just figuring out how to spool it into the cartridge. The second two...well I guess I'll find out next week when I get the exposures back. I've been using the K-5 as a spot meter, but at that point I figure, why not just use the K-5? I'm going to sell the SQ and keep the GS-1, I like the 6x7 format, plus the GS-1 has a wider lens on it. With that money I'm going to pick up a second hand spot meter and try out the film without the K-5 as a crutch.

Waiting to get the exposures back is the best part! Can't wait to compare it to my notes. Big learning curve for me, these Bronica's are definitely not digital cameras!
I love my 6 x 7 Mamiya RB 67 too. It i7s just like my Pentax K-7 except the K-7 is digital instead of film and produces a tiny negative equivalent compared to the RB 67. The RB 67 also uses 120 roll film, and is big and heavy compared to the K-7. The RB 67 produces much higher image quality, but is heavy to carry around, and ofen slower to shoot and change film than shooting with the JK-l.
03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Forum Member
jesssss's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 51
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
With 20 votes in, this already has my mind going. I better go take some pictures before I start offering up "expert analysis" of the numbers, with my take on what this means for Pentax as a whole, and possible repercussions of Pentax users. Early results put the K-5 as the most popular current body. Damn, I wish I hadn't left the K-7 off.

Now I need a poll to determine who's participating in this poll, and a poll to determine what they sold to get their most current camera, and one to find out who switched from another brand, and a poll to find out how old everyone is. I need a series of maybe 5 polls. The trouble with data, is, it always makes you want more data.
Do I still get to take the other polls even if my primary shooter is the K-7? I'm not sure, but I sure do like clicking on things so here's hoping.
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
hcc
Pentaxian
hcc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,500
Where is the K-7? The K20D and K-x are listed but not the K-7 ...

I use both K-7 and K-01.

03-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,355
Original Poster
Honest, if I do another poll I won't leave the K-7 out....
03-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
Site Supporter
p38arover's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Western Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,078
My *istD, K100D, and K-7 are missing! As the K-01 is included, can I add my Q? (and my SFX and SF7?). I had a Spotmatic ( bought 1968) but it was stolen about 5 years ago.

Last edited by p38arover; 03-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
03-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,355
Original Poster
I don't think I could alter the poll.... and how could you own so many cameras I don't own one of.... but a Q is a thought....
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,355
Original Poster
Bump.... don't miss your chance to vote...

03-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
Veteran Member
Roob-N-Boots's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Palm Springs CA
Posts: 384
I use a K-5 as my main camera and my white K-x(my first dslr) as a back up.
03-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Posts: 1,054
The K200D is missing, too. It's older than the K-x, but newer than the K10D, so "earlier Pentax DSLR" won't fit.
The K-m (K2000 in the US) is also missing, which was a stripped down K200D (no weather sealing, no top LCD display), and it was even later than the K20D/K200D.

And featurewise, the K200D is higher positioned than K-x and K-r, which were followers of the K-m/K2000.
03-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,355
Original Poster
Next time I'm going to commission someone else to write the poll. I'll just take the credit.
03-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Veteran Member
sawtooth235's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orange Park, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 869
I have a K5, K-01, K-x, K100D, ist DL2, ZX-M, PZ-10, PZ-20, SF-1, SF-1N, P3N, ME-Super, K1000, and a Spotmatic SP 2.
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,909
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Next time I'm going to commission someone else to write the poll. I'll just take the credit.
It is an interesting poll and responses the way you wrote it. I'm curious to read your conclusion from the responses.
03-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #29
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,346
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
Just wondering, why did you include K10D en K20D and not the K7?
QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
I use my KX and K200D. Mostly the k200D though.
QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
Sounds like what you really need is a pentax forums census.
at least a digital census

QuoteOriginally posted by jesssss Quote
Do I still get to take the other polls even if my primary shooter is the K-7? I'm not sure, but I sure do like clicking on things so here's hoping.
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Where is the K-7? The K20D and K-x are listed but not the K-7 ...

I use both K-7 and K-01.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Honest, if I do another poll I won't leave the K-7 out....
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
My *istD, K100D, and K-7 are missing! As the K-01 is included, can I add my Q? (and my SFX and SF7?)
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I don't think I could alter the poll.... and how could you own so many cameras I don't own one of.... but a Q is a thought....
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Next time I'm going to commission someone else to write the poll. I'll just take the credit.
And miss all the fun

I too have an *istD and K5 along with the K10 and K5 so the poll only represents 50% of my kit
03-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #30
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,843
Intereresting......
I can see why Pentax is not very profitable.......
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many lenses do you own? slackercruster Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 153 07-16-2012 01:47 PM
What are your most used lens and what do you use them for? What lens do you have that pearsaab Pentax K-5 44 06-04-2012 09:23 AM
Just curiuos- what compact do you own? dinneenp Photographic Technique 27 11-03-2010 07:39 AM
How many tripods do you own and what lenses/purpose do you use them for? gofour3 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 17 04-09-2010 03:08 AM
So you own a 16-50mm and 50-135mm, what primes do you still run back to? alfdog Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 31 12-27-2009 12:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top