Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
raz

I don't think the quality of the glass has such importance...I mean...using a 700$ prime or zoom for taking a 0.7 megapixel image ?

I can give credit to the nice bokeh, maybe the low noise, but besides that I don't see any other advantage compared to a hd camera. And remember a HV20 and others, don't have only 25fps, they have 50 fps(or 60) interlaced, that is great for fast moving objects.

04-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

when i got my 16-50 and 50-135 i felt like my camera's resolution increased!
i know it didnt but now i know just how much the quality of the lens is important to the quality of the image. i will never put another lens on my camera again (that I dont already own) that isnt professional quality glass and build.

this might be getting off topic so, two things

one
raz,i want to say that you are right when you say that using a $700 lens doesnt effect a .7mp image.
but i'll never forget the improvement on my work that my pro glass made.

two
nevermind, its off topic
04-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by raz Quote
I don't think the quality of the glass has such importance...I mean...using a 700$ prime or zoom for taking a 0.7 megapixel image ?

It most certainly does. For example, my iphone has a 2MP camera, as does my old Nikon Coolpix from 2002. The difference in image quality between the two is vast, which is mainly because the lens on the iphone is of the lowest possible quality, and the Nikon P&S lens is more than passable.

But I'm not trying to compare relative worth of K20D 21fps as HD video - I'm trying to say they're two different things, and the one of the main differences is that you can have quality glass on the Pentax, so the individual frames/images have the potential to be much better.
04-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
It most certainly does. For example, my iphone has a 2MP camera, as does my old Nikon Coolpix from 2002. The difference in image quality between the two is vast, which is mainly because the lens on the iphone is of the lowest possible quality, and the Nikon P&S lens is more than passable.

But I'm not trying to compare relative worth of K20D 21fps as HD video - I'm trying to say they're two different things, and the one of the main differences is that you can have quality glass on the Pentax, so the individual frames/images have the potential to be much better.
+1

...and another sentence to make this post long enough