Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Yeah, the limiteds actually look very futuristic, like they come from some sci-fi movie. I wonder why Pentax never used that design style also on their cameras? I haven't worked in 3D for a long time, but it would be fun to sketch on it.
The K-30 looks pretty sci-fi to me. When I first saw a white K-30, a stormtrooper immediately came to mind, and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. Anyone have picture of a black K-30 with a Limited?

03-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
The K-30 looks pretty sci-fi to me. When I first saw a white K-30, a stormtrooper immediately came to mind, and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. Anyone have picture of a black K-30 with a Limited?
Yeah, it's a stormtrooper but still not the same design philosophy as the Limiteds.

Both are futuristic but got different types of lines and textures.
03-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
They've been calling it the Stormtrooper since the K-m...

03-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I realized after posting that others must have seen the resemblance before me. I see now, they saw it a long time before I did.

03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is that a real promotional poster? I didn't realize they had something like that! On the other hand, there was a ton of co-branded merchandise in that era, so I just might not remember.

"Pensez different, Georges ..." means "Think different, George ...." Must have been directed at George Lucas.

Anyhow, yes, I think the Ltds look good on both the K-5 and the K-01, but to come out with a body that really looks like the Ltds would be pretty cool. As much as the MX-1 looks retro, I think they fell short with its lens. The lens and ring don't match the rest of that body at all. It has a different finish, looks very tacked-on. And when the brass starts to show a patina, the plastic will just look like scratched-up plastic.
03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
Is that a real promotional poster? I didn't realize they had something like that! On the other hand, there was a ton of co-branded merchandise in that era, so I just might not remember.
I doubt it. I found it on Google Image Search...

KM White - Le site des amateurs de PENTAX
03-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see. The comment in that posting says to effect "This gave me some ideas for an ad campaign ...." So it would appear not to be original.

Even sillier, somehow I didn't equate the K-m to the 2009-ish timeframe .... Not the 1970's, duh.

That would have been quite a clever ad campaign.
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess I'm old fashioned. I think camera bodies should be designed to fit well in the hand and controls easy to operate. Although it's several years old, I still prefer my K10D. As for the Limited lenses, it's nice to be able to carry the whole lot of them in your jacket pocket.