Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxians: Please fill out the OnLandscape camera survey

Tim Parkin of OnLandscape ( Landscape Photography & Tips : On Landscape | The Online Magazine for Landscape Photographers )
is conducting a Camera Survey: Camera Survey | On Landscape

Despite the form error of putting the Pentax K-5 way down in the "Pentax Compact Camera" category, I suggest that all Pentax shooters make their ownership known by submitting your information. One way to help prevent the all Canikon coverage in the media is by making your use of Pentax known. If your model is not listed, there is also an open field for "Camera Not Listed" near the bottom of the form. Film shooters will also find a couple of questions at the bottom.

While we are talking about it, this most recent issue has an article on "ADVANCED USE OF HUE/SATURATION ADJUSTMENTS" that may be of interest to some.
Take Control of your Saturation | On Landscape
Seeing that (or any) free article requires a log-in (registration is also free).

I might also mention that issues 52-54 are available as PDFs: Issues | On Landscape

03-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Done. Interesting mistake IMHO.
03-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After clicking the Submit I was coincidentally taken directly to a Post noting the "interesting placement" of the K-5 Jeremy's Tim's reply was something on the order of, "You should know by now I know nothing about digital."

Last edited by monochrome; 03-27-2013 at 12:38 PM.
03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
After clicking the Submit I was coincidentally taken directly to a Post noting the "interesting placement" of the K-5 Jeremy's reply was something on the order of, "You should know by now I know nothing about digital."
I think you meant Tim's response - Jeremy was the author of the following comment. Kinda threw me off for a sec till I looked a little closer.
And, yeah, while the K5 is comfortably comact, it ideserves to be in with the DSLRs. I'm glad the OP mentioned this - it's too easy to bail when you don't see what you need right up front.

03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
I think you meant Tim's response
Edited. Doesn't change the fact that it was interesting. I gues like our survey, once published it can't be changed (without losing data).
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Edited. Doesn't change the fact that it was interesting. I gues like our survey, once published it can't be changed (without losing data).
Very much in agreement. Got me wondering how many SLR users still use film. So, I turned to my search engine of first choice, ASK.COM and typed that in. Would you believe it queried "Did you mean: HOW MANY DSLR USERS STILL USE FILM". There really wasn't much in the way of answers on the first page of results and being at work now, I didn't have time to look further, but it strikes me that the answer to the question it wanted me to ask would be just about zero!
If anyone wants to chime in on that, it should probably go in a new post - don't want to high jack this one.
03-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
Pentaxian

The only compact of the "Pentax compacts" was the MX-1. The rest was system cameras.

03-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would simply not waste my time with a survey started by anyone so ignorant of cameras on the market, that they do not know Pentax makes a DSLR

Started by the ignorant, propagated by the uninformed
03-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I would simply not waste my time with a survey started by anyone so ignorant of cameras on the market, that they do not know Pentax makes a DSLR

Started by the ignorant, propagated by the uninformed
More correctly 'started by the extremely busy, propogated by the person who didn't check properly'.

The Pentax section has been edited and is now available as per Pentax UK's website list
03-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Very much in agreement. Got me wondering how many SLR users still use film. So, I turned to my search engine of first choice, ASK.COM and typed that in. Would you believe it queried "Did you mean: HOW MANY DSLR USERS STILL USE FILM". There really wasn't much in the way of answers on the first page of results and being at work now, I didn't have time to look further, but it strikes me that the answer to the question it wanted me to ask would be just about zero!
If anyone wants to chime in on that, it should probably go in a new post - don't want to high jack this one.
I know of quite a few and speaking to the film manufacturers, they say that the amount of film sold is stabilising and in some lines is going back up again. A few second hand shops have also told me that sales of medium format and 35mm cameras are rising and hence prices going back up (not just lenses).

I for one use a couple of Canon A1s, an OM1, a Voigtlander Bessa and a Pentax Spotmatic as well as a Sony A900 and a Nikon D800 (and various MF and LF)

Tim