Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
No.

:cheesy:

But there was a sizeable wasp colony living in the cowl.
The reason I asked was that during our three years in Kansas, the mechanic found some kind of rodent nest in our seldom used minivan, which was stored outdoors.

06-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #182
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The reason I asked was that during our three years in Kansas, the mechanic found some kind of rodent nest in our seldom used minivan, which was stored outdoors.

For some reason the mice and voles haven't bothered the numerous cars I have outside, and I keep rodent poison in the shop to control their activity. I have found evidence of their activity under the hood of Mrs. Racer's car, i.e. seeds and some nesting material scattered about, but so far no damage.

We are in a fairly rural area, and there is a highly active bald eagle and hawk community, along with numerous owl species. There is also a lot of coyote, a bobcat or two, and a cougar. Plus some weasels.

And I keep the grass cut short enough and far away enough from the house and shop to prevent them having any cover, so they stay out in the woods.