Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax RAW format

Do the *ist D and K100D use the same RAW file format?

01-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Inactive Account

They use a PEF file format but neither are exactly the same due to the difference of the firmware used in both cameras (EXIF Data is diffrent for all cameras thats why you get a new camera and only the cameras software will read the file until you convert it. Or until all the other programs catch up and update their files to match.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
01-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I just bought Paint Shop Pro Photo XI and the *ist D is listed as being supported. What the heck it was onsale at Best Buy for $40. Couldn't pass it up for that price since any of the photoshop products are out of my budget.
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Thanks. I just bought Paint Shop Pro Photo XI and the *ist D is listed as being supported. What the heck it was onsale at Best Buy for $40. Couldn't pass it up for that price since any of the photoshop products are out of my budget.
I bought version X last year because the tech editor in the business section of the Houston Chronicle recommended it over Photoshop Essentials in an article that appeared on the same day Target offered the program for about $50. I still haven't learned all the features, but Trog, who participates on the forum a fair amount, knows this software well.

It's getting chilly here in Lake Jackson at night; is it nippy in Spring?

Jerry

01-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I bought version X last year because the tech editor in the business section of the Houston Chronicle recommended it over Photoshop Essentials in an article that appeared on the same day Target offered the program for about $50. I still haven't learned all the features, but Trog, who participates on the forum a fair amount, knows this software well.

It's getting chilly here in Lake Jackson at night; is it nippy in Spring?

Jerry
I'm very happy with the program so far. There are way more features and capabilities than I will use for a good while. I had been using MS Digital Image thingy and it has quickly found its way to the uninstall pile. For $40 I couldn't pass it up. My wife even agreed which is rare when it comes to me spending money.

Yes it is a bit nippy here in Spring. I do miss Lake Jackson. My Mom grew up there and I spent a considerable bit of my youth there.

Last edited by dws1117; 01-09-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling