Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #1

Experiences with the Pentax Singapore store? (e-offers)

Hi there! I am from India and new to the forum. Obv, Pentax has zero presence here I was checking for the best deals on the K-30 and K-5 II and i believe that the Pentax Singapore web store managed by e-offers is providing a great deal on the K-30 (18-135mm) lens kit for 1069 SGD (Minus 7% GST for International buyers)

It would be great if people who have purchased from the store could share their experiences. Since i am not in singapore, i can't possibly physically check the camera before purchasing. Please help to clear my skepticism, as the price point is drastic compared to what Amazon, B&H and Adorama are quoting.

Also would be awesome if you could point me to good deals for K-5 II as well (since the web store only stocks the K-30!)

04-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not Singapore, but the K-30 with Sigma 18-200 HSM from Pentax Australia is $898 incl GST (was $999)
They should take the 10% GST off

See https://www.crkennedy.com.au/pentax/index.php?q=node/292
04-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I wont deal with that store again. They sold a 18-135 with a picture of an included hood and it arrived minus the hood. They then ignored my email asking about it so in the end I had to purchase a hood separately.
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #4

I bought a k-30 from them - paid the checkout with shipping to USA. They sent me an email a day later asking for another $60 for shipping. I cancelled the whole order.

04-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
Jeez, now what? But i have been told by the store that they no longer provide free shipping.

@twitch - that sucks!

not a lot of places to buy from - either this or from Amazon through B&H/Adorama (substantially higher prices) Help!!
04-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #6

the old buy.com store is setup like amazon now. with some big value place offering decent prices. I don't have any experience with them. They're also on ebay, but due to fees and such their offerings on buy.com are lower.
04-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter

I won't deal with them again either. I ordered a K-30 from them last year because it was such a good deal at the time. They told me it was out of stock and they didn't know when it would come back in stock. I waited over a week and in the meantime several others who had ordered the camera after me received word that theirs had shipped out. I emailed several times asking for updates and they were apologetic but unhelpful. I cancelled the order. At least they did refund me promptly.