Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have an old tweezers with square right-angles ends hanging new where I store my K5. If using the spring-action method fails I'll use it to gently pull the sucker out.

04-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I truly wonder why they have that slide, it's a weak point in the design and a feature i at least never used. Do some of you use it?
Indeed, I once had a slide break off leaving an otherwise good card permanently write-protected. So, did I use it? NO. Did it get used? I guess so .
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Will write to sandisk about it, see what they have to say.
They might need to include it because of the standard...
04-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't think I'd do that guys if I were you.
The push in push out mechanism for the card position is called a "maze".
The latching pin (or lever) may be quite easily broken by releasing the card with a snap action.

04-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I truly wonder why they have that slide, it's a weak point in the design and a feature i at least never used.
Do some of you use it?
Never. I too wonder why it is even there. Probably a holdover from floppy disks that had the read-only tab. Which I also never used.