Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

You already have a K5. I say you should either wait for the next Pentax model (as I think the K5II is something of a stop-gap) or invest in nice lenses. I read here in another thread that the FA 31mm ltd is going for half prce in Oz, but you'll have to wait for stock.

04-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by russell2pi Quote
I bought a K-5 II recently... if I scored a PTA (Permit To Acquire) from the Mrs the money would go on more lenses just to extend my focal length range. Not a new body. (Or - potentially, buy some babysitting time with the money.) I certainly find in my own pics and most I see on the internet, artistic judgement is the limiting factor, not technology / resolution.
I'm sitting in a similar dilemma as Lurch, also enjoying the autumn sunshine. I currently use a K20D, and must confess that artistic judgement is also still my limiting factor. We have a bunch of my pictures hanging in the house, most prominently an A0 landscape printed on canvas which I shot with the K20 and a DA70 Limited. It's a great idea to have a large print like this around to remind me that the technical flaws (which nobody else ever sees) are all of my own making and have nothing to do with the equipment OK used.

I've also performed the thought experiment of a Canikon FF. In my case this would be a 2nd hand 5D2, 6D or D600. My idea was to get this with a 50 1.4, maybe a 28 and nothing else and live with it for a year or two before getting caught up in the lens-buying frenzy which seems to have replaced a lot of the enjoyment of photography. Realistically though, the only real limitation I find with the K20D is in low light conditions.