Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-5 viewfinder eyepiece?

Okay so, title really kinda says it all on this one. I'd like to know if there are any eye piece covers to replace the one that comes stock on the K-5. I need something that would not impede anything I see in the viewfinder. I also need something that would keep more light out of my eye while looking through it. I need it to also work with my glasses, or at least would like it to, but if not, that isn't a problem either. I could probably do some searching and find one, but I figured I'd ask here first and see if anyone has found anything similar to this, and how well they work.

04-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a Pentax Viewfinder that magnifies that has a larger cup that helps shield light better. PENTAX Magnifier Eyecup O-ME53 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

There are also 3rd party items that might suit you:
Viewfinder Attachments (Third-Party) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
There is a Pentax Viewfinder that magnifies that has a larger cup that helps shield light better. PENTAX Magnifier Eyecup O-ME53 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

There are also 3rd party items that might suit you:
Viewfinder Attachments (Third-Party) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
The O-ME53 does not actually have a "cup". I wear glasses, and while it does help me see the VF better, it does nothing to block light.

In bright light I try to wear a wide-brimmed hat which works well, depending on the direction of the light.
04-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
The O-ME53 does not actually have a "cup". I wear glasses, and while it does help me see the VF better, it does nothing to block light.

In bright light I try to wear a wide-brimmed hat which works well, depending on the direction of the light.
Sorry, I was thinking of this one:
KPS Secureline U-13C reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am liking the KPS Secureline U-13C... I'll do some more reading on it, and try and scrape up some cash for one, maybe.

Thanks, Docrwm!