Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Quick update, then off to pour cement (part time gig that helps pay for my hobbies!!!) and then off to my real job (flying cargo in a cessna caravan) tonight.

So far, I'm really happy with the new lens. For some reason, I have a few that won't focus correctly on moving shots, but most of them focus fine. Haven't done much else except shoot a few games of my freshman daughter (she's the only freshman that starts on the JV team) playing softball. Pics are from my K100D.

Buttttttttttt...........I just got my K30 this morning, and man, is that a step up from the K100D!!!! I like how it is "familiar" already, and I took it out in the backyard and took a few shots. Love it!!!!!! What really took me by surprise is how fast it will take pics on continuous shoot!!!!!! 5 times faster than my K100D. I thought I needed a faster memory card, (Sandisk Ultra ll 15mbs, 4gb), but the card seems fast enough for what I am doing, but can tell already I'm gonna need more than 4gb for a memory card.

Anyway, gotta run for now, but here's a couple pics of my kid with the new lens and my K100D. Can't wait to try the K30 and new lens at today's game!!!!

Thank you for all the tips/advice. So far, really loving my new rig!!!

05-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vmax84 Quote
Quick update, then off to pour cement (part time gig that helps pay for my hobbies!!!) and then off to my real job (flying cargo in a cessna caravan) tonight.

So far, I'm really happy with the new lens. For some reason, I have a few that won't focus correctly on moving shots, but most of them focus fine. Haven't done much else except shoot a few games of my freshman daughter (she's the only freshman that starts on the JV team) playing softball. Pics are from my K100D.

Buttttttttttt...........I just got my K30 this morning, and man, is that a step up from the K100D!!!! I like how it is "familiar" already, and I took it out in the backyard and took a few shots. Love it!!!!!! What really took me by surprise is how fast it will take pics on continuous shoot!!!!!! 5 times faster than my K100D. I thought I needed a faster memory card, (Sandisk Ultra ll 15mbs, 4gb), but the card seems fast enough for what I am doing, but can tell already I'm gonna need more than 4gb for a memory card.

Anyway, gotta run for now, but here's a couple pics of my kid with the new lens and my K100D. Can't wait to try the K30 and new lens at today's game!!!!

Thank you for all the tips/advice. So far, really loving my new rig!!!
Glad you're loving it. If you buy a new SD card go for the SanDisk Extreme III Class 10, its as fast as the camera can handle and extremely reliable. I prefer 16gb for my K-5 use because its a good size without being huge and allowing me to put too many eggs in one basket.