Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You also must go into the custom menu, and set "using aperture ring" to enabled.

03-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
When you put a manual lens in and turn it on, it will come up with a menu to set the focal length, and you set it with the value of the lens (50 mm in your case).

If in M, set your aperture, hit the green button to set the shutter speed, and then tweak to over/underexpose as you are so inclined.

Sounds like you pretty much have it!

I have been enjoying my 135mm / F2.8 manual lens!
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #33
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
For what it is worth, here is a couple pics I took with the $40 Sears 135mm/F2.8 I bought on this forum, and was the basis for originating this thread on how to take pictures with a M lens.

03-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #34
Inactive Account

I don't think anybody mentioned one important menu setting. On the bottom of page 4 of the Custom settings there is an item "Green button in TAv & M". For manual lenses, I believe it's best to set this for #2 - Tv Shift. Then to use, you set your aperture, press the green button and it will automatically shift the shutter speed for correct exposure.

I believe, but haven't tried it yet, that if you have an A lens, you could select #3 - Av Shift. Then it seems you could set the shutter speed and press the green button to automatically set the aperture.

Dave