Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Forum Member

Quality of the Pentax K5 II/s

Greeting!!!

I came across these videos and was quite surprised in the quality of what the Pentax K5/II/S series cameras are able to deliver when competing against higher brand FF DSLR's.

Doug goes into great detail in expressing the fine points of the Pentax VS its competition.

I'm curious in what your opinion on these videos are.

Kinda makes one wonder what kind of quality the Pentax FF will be able to deliver after all these years lingering in the shadows of its competition.

With the right marketing strategies, I'm sure Pentax will be able to rise above the big three.

Enjoy!!!

05-04-2013, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax have squeezed a lot out of the K-5's sensor, but the bottom line is that the camera is due for an update. It's time that they put a high-res sensor to work, like the 24 mp one in the d5200/d7100, which is getting higher sensor scores. Any new Pentax product using such a sensor would probably be great, problem is, that the competition already has such products on the market and is selling lots while Pentax lingers behind...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Good point Adam,

I just hope when Pentax decides to launch their new series of cameras they will keep the K7/5/II/S body at least for the rumored professional grade APS- sensor model.

Pentax is pretty tight gripped when it comes releasing any info on new products, but for good reason, I just hope something good will be released at least before this fall.

I'm also sure the new FF will be in a whole new class on its own, but we probably wont see it till sometime next year, but you never know.
05-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by liquid0 Quote
new FF will be in a whole new class on its own
Lets hope so, cos I'm still wanting a couple, as long as it's launch date is within my lifetime.