Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2008, 07:11 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K20D AF Adjustment [large images]

Having used my K20D with kit 18-55II for a week, I started suspect that the camera or lens front focus by app. an inch:

So, having AF adjustment built into the K20D I took a couple of images of the famous back focus chart to see what was going on. Not having a tripod I made the best of the situation: Camera on table, focus chart fastened to a book at 45 degree angle to the camera. Pictures taken in Av mode, 18mm f3.5 using 2 seconds trigger delay, SR off.

AF Adjust -10:

AF Adjust Off:

AF Adjust +10:

Now, the focus field (width?) of the 18-55 is rather wide even wide open. I am not sure if is front focusing, maybe someone with more experience can tell? What suprised me a little is that I really can't see much difference in focus position, even though these images show the extremes of AF adj. Sure, it is a wide focus field, but I thought you would at least see it moving when using extreme settings?

Comments, thoughts, suggestions?

//Johan