Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Forum Member

K10d on a 4x5??

tilt and shift lenses are soooooo expensive.

I was browsing on ebay and saw this:

Moveable Adapter Fits 4x5 Camera digital back of nikon - eBay (item 130204260753 end time Mar-18-08 16:00:00 PDT)

I See they make it for Nikon and Canon.

A few questions.

1. Could I use and adapter to mount one of these to my K10d?

2. could these be modified for a K mount?

3. Is there another inexpensive option for tilt, shift and swing?

Whadday think?

--ad

03-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
A friend of mine built his own Canon EOS adapter from scavenged parts. About the only thing he paid for was the bayonet part of a Tamron Adaptall mount.

The premade Nikon one "should" be easily adaptable to K mount if the bayonet plate is screwed to the funnel. If they glued it to be jerks, that would add some complexity. Just buy a junker lens, take the mount off and swap them. You might need to drill a few holes though. I've been thinking of doing this as well. I had my eye on some Horseman monorail cameras at KEH, and I keep my eyes open for good enlarging lenses. The nice thing about doing a project like this is that you really only have to worry about everything being light tight and secure. Registration distance doesn't matter, and there's no electronic contacts to be concerned with. Just make sure you get a 4x5 with a Graflok back.

You can get some serious macro shots with a good quality enlarging lens and 24" of bellows!
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

atracksler,
If you are good in the workshop, you could easily make your own for very little money. You would need to buy or make a light tight panel for the back of the camera. Get a used K-mount 2X teleconvertor. Remove the lens elements and female mount. Cut a hole in the panel and attach the converter over the hole. Use the exsisting threaded holes in the converter or tap new ones and use RTV or a gasket for a light tight seal. The whole thing could be done in one evening for very little money. You also have the sense of accomplishment.

Dave
03-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That's nice - Zork makes something that might be a bit more useful. It's a tilt/shift adapter for your camera - you then just slap a MF lens to it, it's a bit more compact than having to carry around a whole other camera, 4x5 no less.

03-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I like the zork adapter, im not crazy about the price...