Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #1

K5 II shut down problem

My son's new K5 II is totally locking up, randomly, and the only way he gets it back to operational status is by removing the batteries and reloading them.
The camera is operating perfectly until this happens.we have upgraded the camera, used new lithium batteries and nothing seems to work to prevent this from occurring.
Has anyone else had this problem happen or have we just got a crook one. Fortunately it is still under warranty but I just want to check it is the camera and not us before we send it away

05-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

There are a few reports on the various Forums, and it's happened once to me.

Various suggestions as why it's happened, including something which I was recommended and since doing it I haven't had a repeat.

I was advised to set the camera auto switch-off to 'always on', or '0', the suggestion being that if I tried to operate the camera at the exact same time it was automatically switching off it could result in the camera locking up.

As said, set my camera to always on and no problems since.