Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10 rear e-dial stopped working

I was using it the other day, and it just stopped working. Any tips to make it work, or do I have to send the cam in? If so...

03-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I've found on occasion using the dial on the accessory grip 'wakes up' the one on the body. I wasn't sure if the occasional e-dial brown out was as a result of the grip, or that the grip helps it now hearing your case. Try it if you have one (or maybe ask to pop one on at a store and try).

Alternately, are your contacts exposed on the belly of the body (where the grip plugs in)? Make sure there is no gunk or something on there, might be sending cross-signals to the body. Just a thought.
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the grip that causes it on mine as well. It's always one of two things. The first is that the On/Off switch on my grip is very stiff and doesn't always return to the On postition after flipping it for a preview shot. This will cause the dial to stop working on the body. Second is that one of the pins where it connects to the body sometimes sticks. Freeing it up fixes it right up.
03-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, I've had it happen to me in AP mode with no grip. Went to change aperature and, voila, nothing. I rotated the mode dial to P and back to AP and it worked again. Probably turning the camera off and on again would have worked too. I don't know why this happens but when in doubt, call Dr. Reboot.

03-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think we have ourselves an official glitch, Gentlemen (and Gentleladies).

This has happened to me a few times; freaked me out the first time, now it's just annoying. Like Workingdog said, changing shooting modes generally fixes it. I always have the grip attached, by the way, and I think it's never happened when the grip was turned off, only when it was on.

Firmware update NOW!
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm...I took it outside after making this post and it didn't work...turned it on 2 minutes ago and now it's fine.

If it does it again, I'll try the dial on the grip Strange are your algorithms, Pentax...