Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #1

WB Issue

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has experienced white balance issues with the K10...

I have been shooting indoors under daylight flourescent for awhile around my office and I am finding hat in "daylight flourescent" or "auto" in WB it renders the WB with an orange or yellow tint...

However if I change the WB to incadescent it renders more like my eye is seeing inside the actual office...under the flourescent light...

does anyone know what might be causing the camera to confuse the white balance?

Is there an issue with my camera?

I've tried shutting it off and back and to no avail really....

Paul

03-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fluorescent lights are hard. There's not really just the three types (Daylight, Natural, Whatever) the menu lets you choose from — there's hundreds of different kinds. I've also found that the incandescent preset is a better match for a lot of modern fluorescents.

You can do a lot better with setting a custom WB from a white or gray card — or shooting in RAW and worrying about it later. But even then, ,many fluorescent bulbs (and particularly the ones with a warmer light matching incandescents) have a poor color rendering index — they simply don't produce many wavelengths of light, which means those colors can't be captured because they simply aren't there.