Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Congratulations! That should be an awesome camera.

I'm interested in this thread as I'm looking to switch as well, but for different reasons.

1) daughter is disenchanted with her K-X focusing, and she's a photo major. Probably the modern K5 II/s does better, and we have a good supply or Pentax glass.
What situations is she finding issues with K-x AF and what does her teacher say about it?

06-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
What situations is she finding issues with K-x AF and what does her teacher say about it?
no indication of focus spot selection in the frame. higher than usual missed focus. I know it's quite a bit to do with technique, but I think Pentax did a dumb thing when they left out any on-screen blipping. I'm trying out the K-x now, and apart from the low feedback there does seem to be some variability in focus.

Oh, I ordered the K-30 and she'll see if she likes it better.
06-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #48
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Oh, I ordered the K-30 and she'll see if she likes it better.
Would be interesting to know if she is happy with the K-30 AF compared to the K-x.
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by retroflex Quote
Would be interesting to know if she is happy with the K-30 AF compared to the K-x.
I'll let everyone know. I'm getting along well enough with her K-x. I'm hoping to wait things out till I see what Pentax comes up with in the fall, and so avoid the Nikon thing.

06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and just in case you are wondering....decision is to stay and purchase the DA* 300 to fill the gap.
06-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #51
Pentaxian

I recently bought a Sigma 150-500 and am quite impressed with this lens. Canon owners do use Sigma lenses...quite a few actually. I also shoot with Canon and am part of the Canon forum. There is a section for lenses and a sub section for Sigma 150-500 lenses. There are pages and pages of discussion/photos regarding Canon mount Sigma 150-500 lenses.