Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #1

I love amazon prime

I ordered my K10D kit with 18-55 will be here Monday!

03-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations! You're on your way. Take a peek over the weekend at the K10D Magic Lantern Guide or Yvon Bourque's Guide. They fill in some of the missing links in the manual. Plus, be sure to check out Codiac2600's great Powerpoint presentation. You'll be ready to shoot like crazy by the time you get you coat off on Monday.
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yay! Rormeister's recommendation's a good one and should give you something to do over the weekend that will help control the pre-delivery jonesing, too!
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #4

Well done madisonphotogrl - I am supremely confident you made a great choice and will not regret it. The next hurdle to cross is LBA - we all get it and sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to control.

Good luck with the wedding and the house, my daughter is about to embark that road as well so I know how excited you must be. Hey, you can take your own wedding photos now! LOL.

03-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #5

Kudos! Here's a link to the maual. K10D Manual. Start reading.
03-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rormeister Quote
Congratulations! You're on your way. Take a peek over the weekend at the K10D Magic Lantern Guide or Yvon Bourque's Guide. They fill in some of the missing links in the manual. Plus, be sure to check out Codiac2600's great Powerpoint presentation. You'll be ready to shoot like crazy by the time you get you coat off on Monday.
Can you link me to this powerpoint? I've had my k10d a while now but am interested to see what this says
03-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Can you link me to this powerpoint? I've had my k10d a while now but am interested to see what this says
You bet look here. Chris if you're reading, I would love you to pm me with the actual PPT. My screen res is way too fine to read all the fine print
03-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Forum Member

Nice! I'll just throw in my advice not to get the Magic Lantern guide if you are mechanically/electronically apt and can read the official manual well. I bought the Magic Lantern guide about a month after getting my K10D, and after reading it cover to cover I am quire sure it taught me nothing I did not already know about my camera, either from experimenting, reading the manual or even online in these very forums. It was quite a waste of $15 and I do wish I had instead put that money towards a new lense.

03-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by madisonphotogrl Quote
I ordered my K10D kit with 18-55 will be here Monday!
Hey I just placed my order too, through Amazon, and will get mine on Tuesday

And, yes, after much deliberation, I've opted to take the plunge into the world of digital photography.

This should be fun.
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlaw Quote
Well done madisonphotogrl - I am supremely confident you made a great choice and will not regret it. The next hurdle to cross is LBA - we all get it and sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to control.

Good luck with the wedding and the house, my daughter is about to embark that road as well so I know how excited you must be. Hey, you can take your own wedding photos now! LOL.
What is LBA?
03-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by APEHAUS Quote
Hey I just placed my order too, through Amazon, and will get mine on Tuesday

And, yes, after much deliberation, I've opted to take the plunge into the world of digital photography.

This should be fun.
With Amazon Prime and 3.99 next day shipping, it was the best deal. B&H had it for a little less, before shipping but they ran out plus I'd have to wait like a whole week.. Any exta $15 or so is worth it...
03-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
Pentaxian

What is LBA?
Lens Buying Addiction. I have managed, so far, to avoid LBA, as I only have the K100D and the 18-55mm kit lens. Actually, I have only delayed LBA until such time as I get much, much better with what I currently have. It's all a learning experience.
03-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Forum Member

With Amazon Prime and 3.99 next day shipping, it was the best deal. B&H had it for a little less, before shipping but they ran out plus I'd have to wait like a whole week.. Any exta $15 or so is worth it...
That's exactly why I used Amazon.
03-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
well congrats to both of you and hope you enjoy your cameras as much as I! I'm sure you'll find this site very useful... I'm a relative newb to digital photography and DSLR's and have found this site to be very helpful.
03-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
Site Supporter

LBA is an incureable disease. You can keep it under control sometimes but you can never lose the urge. Ebay becomes your nite time friend. B & H, Beach and 17th Street photo become household names. Beware.