Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

extended warranty clean/adjust: what's included?

I've a few questions regarding the Pentax Extended Warranty option for a free cleaning & adjustment by C.R.I.S.:

1. What, in general, do they check/adjust in the process.
2. Will they calibrate focus for, or otherwise check, any included lenses if the lenses were part of the camera kit?
3. Will they calibrate focus/check a lens that is still under warranty but was not part of the kit?
4. Will they calibrate to the camera any Pentax lens sent in with the camera if only the camera is under warranty (no lens warranty)?

Thanks very much for any insight.

06-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I called them (contact number on the CRIS web site) and they gave me a list of things. I do not remember any lens adjustments at all. My biggest question was if I needed the extended warranty card, which I did. The service costs $65 without it. My second question was about adjusting (shimming) the focus screen because I knew mine was off. The person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about, and I could not figure out how to ask the question any differently. Since I had to shim my focus screen I skipped the service. It is also not quite free; you need to pay for return shipping and handling, just under $20.