Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K100 shutter reease

I have a K100 ,,I suddenly cannot get my shutter release to work. I can get a cable release and activate the shutter release that way but not by the button. I have tried to reset to factory settings to no avail... There is no aperture ring on this camera. Do any of you have an idea of what to do here? Thanks to all for your feedback. I see that this is a pretty frequent issue with this camera for several years now..Hoping for a fix. Thanks !JWOBEAR

06-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jwobear Quote
I have a K100 ,,I suddenly cannot get my shutter release to work. I can get a cable release and activate the shutter release that way but not by the button. I have tried to reset to factory settings to no avail... There is no aperture ring on this camera. Do any of you have an idea of what to do here? Thanks to all for your feedback. I see that this is a pretty frequent issue with this camera for several years now..Hoping for a fix. Thanks !JWOBEAR
try doing a firmware update if it isn't current. otherwise you might think about upgrading as getting it fixed will be worth more then the camera
I bought a kx for $200 mint so there are some good deals around

good luck

randy
06-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
try doing a firmware update if it isn't current. otherwise you might think about upgrading as getting it fixed will be worth more then the camera
I bought a kx for $200 mint so there are some good deals around

good luck

randy
Thanks Randy....I will try the firmware update. I appreciate the feedback. JWOBEAR
06-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I had a similar problem with my K100D. Sometimes the shutter would fire, sometimes not when pressing the shutter button. But the shutter fired consistently when using the cabled remote. So I took the corner of a sheet of paper, inserted it in the gap between the shutter button and the housing, and worked the paper around the button a few times. That did the trick, at least so far.