Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Opinion Please Which camera to keep as backup

Hi all,
I ordered my K20d today and am now facing a small quandry. Do I keep my k10d or my *ist ds as my backup. I don't think I can really justify keeping all three since I haven't used my *ist since I got the k.

Even though the *ist ds has lower resolution I am considering keeping it for the simple reason that if for some reason my batteries die the ist can take AA batteries that are readily available.

I could probably get more if I sell my k10d and be able to invest in some of the new glass.

Your opinions are as always appreciated.
Steph

03-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I would probably lean towards selling the k10d.
the older cam gives you something a little different and the smaller size could certainly be an advantage in some circumstances.
Also you will probably be able to get more money back for your k10d which you can then use to invest is some nice glass!

To me the DS gives you a more versitile back up body which can be useful as a dedicated prime camera for a nice portable option.
03-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I would keep the k10d, or atleast try to. The difference in selling price would only be ~$200 , 300 at the very most.

What you get in trade is a backup that has the EXACT same control scheme / compatibilities (SDM).
03-16-2008, 04:20 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by crttr Quote
Hi all,
I ordered my K20d today and am now facing a small quandry. Do I keep my k10d or my *ist ds as my backup. I don't think I can really justify keeping all three since I haven't used my *ist since I got the k.

Even though the *ist ds has lower resolution I am considering keeping it for the simple reason that if for some reason my batteries die the ist can take AA batteries that are readily available.

I could probably get more if I sell my k10d and be able to invest in some of the new glass.

Your opinions are as always appreciated.
Steph
I say Keep the K10D since it has the Battery Grip capabilities, and it also supports wreless flash, SR, two dial wheels...etc..., and third party batteries are plentifull and cheap.