Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Rice...Go away please...

03-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by trumpyman Quote
[
HI Rice, If the k10d is as bad as u say why do i get shots like these with no probs.The snowboard pics taken with Tamron 80-210mm $150 brand new and the footy shots with Sigma 100-300mm $60 used.Im not even thinkin about gettin K20D cause im so happy with the results i get with the k10d.more importantly my customers are always happy with the quality of shots i get.So if you can put a cheap zoom on your 5d and show us the quality you get with it.I shoot sports every weekend and havent even had to consider a nikon or cannon more than happy with what i got .
He doesn't take photos, all he does is look for problems with Pentax cameras..........
03-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Actually, such a test has been performed , and the winner was....
Actually, they were more or less even
Funny that! It's almost as if all the brands of cameras deliver good performance?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT!?

Thanks for posting this flyer, it's exactly what I wanted to see
03-17-2008, 05:33 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Rice...Go away please...
Please be "quick to LISTEN, slow to speak and SLOW to ANGER".

03-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice Photos.

Nice Photos.

But since you managed to capture sharp photos for those sporters but the "goldfish shooter" had just more than 50% of the chance to capture acceptable in-focus shots with his K10D, I guess the goldfish must be swimming faster than those men! ;-)

Btw, could you tell us about the successful rate of using your K10D in capturing those sport moments? Did you use the AF-C or AF-S mode? Just a rough figure is enough. TIA.

Attachment 9636

Attachment 9637

Attachment 9638

Attachment 9639

Attachment 9640
HI Rice, If the k10d is as bad as u say why do i get shots like these with no probs.The snowboard pics taken with Tamron 80-210mm $150 brand new and the footy shots with Sigma 100-300mm $60 used.Im not even thinkin about gettin K20D cause im so happy with the results i get with the k10d.more importantly my customers are always happy with the quality of shots i get.So if you can put a cheap zoom on your 5d and show us the quality you get with it.I shoot sports every weekend and havent even had to consider a nikon or cannon more than happy with what i got .
03-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #21

have you ever TRIED to shoot goldfish? It's friggen hard with any camera. They move at odd angles to the glass (refraction screws with you), the glass keeps fogging up if you aren't careful (have to shoot very fast without thinking about it), you can't add any lighting, and you're at the macro end of the focus scale, where there is typically a huge throw. Shooting fish from three inches away through glass as f2 is not much fun with a Canon, either. I spent lots of effort working on it with a 20D, and eventually just settled on taking tons of bad shots and using focus traps.

Javier, I agree.
03-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
keepers

In a normal day of footy il shoot 3 to 400 pics and get at least 80% keepers.It was the other way around at first,but plenty of practise in developing technique and gettin to know the camera i rekon ive got it down pat.The shots i delete are mainly because a linesman or ref will run into the shot blocking the players .
03-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Always shoot in AFS sory

03-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benplaut Quote
have you ever TRIED to shoot goldfish? It's friggen hard with any camera. They move at odd angles to the glass (refraction screws with you), the glass keeps fogging up if you aren't careful (have to shoot very fast without thinking about it), you can't add any lighting, and you're at the macro end of the focus scale, where there is typically a huge throw. Shooting fish from three inches away through glass as f2 is not much fun with a Canon, either. I spent lots of effort working on it with a 20D, and eventually just settled on taking tons of bad shots and using focus traps.
How about tropical fish? Here is a picture I shot in the Sidney Aqua in early 2005:-

03-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Always shoot in AFS sory
That's what I bet. And yes, I knew :-)
03-17-2008, 06:52 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
How about tropical fish? Here is a picture I shot in the Sidney Aqua in early 2005:-

I wish I knew how many pictures you took for one keeper!
03-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
I wish I knew how many pictures you took for one keeper!
I kept all my photos. For those I didn't want to keep, I deleted them immediately.
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #28

HOLY #&@$
RICEHIGH POSTED A PICTURE!!!

just messin with ya, it's a nice shot

I never said it was impossible, just difficult--try enough, and there'll be keepers.
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #29
SouthShoreRob

In a normal day of footy il shoot 3 to 400 pics and get at least 80% keepers.It was the other way around at first,but plenty of practise in developing technique and gettin to know the camera i rekon ive got it down pat.The shots i delete are mainly because a linesman or ref will run into the shot blocking the players .
Hey trumpy, those are great hit rates. Now try the K10 indoors under low light, such as I do for hockey, and perhaps you'll see what it is RH has been trying to get at.

Hey Rice High, thanks for posting the info re: goldfish. It's certainly in lines with what I was hoping the K20 might offer along side the other upgrades. Though, I do agree, if the AF system has improved that much, they certainly should have given it a newer moniker.

Rob
03-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #30
Inactive Account

my fish

Attachment 9670Hey Rice nice to see a pic,nice shot.I shot this at seaworld aquarium.As for shooting hockey indoors good luk to u.I think low light indoor action shots are the downside of the k10d.I would change brands to be honest.I do pretty good on low light days outside but indoors is a completely different situation.

Last edited by trumpyman; 05-06-2008 at 08:08 PM.