Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
pentax K7

I am painter and photographer, K7 it is my first DSLR Camera, I like it a lot bot I am not happy with the sharpness of my photo. I do not no its my fault or this model of Pentax.

07-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please post some sample photos and include information about which lens and which settings you used.

Finally include the EXIF information with all shooting paramaters. Based on all of this I'm sure someone will step forward and help you.
07-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Problem-Solving?

Hello Davoud, Welcome to the Forum!
Ole is right, without seeing the photos and data, it's nearly impossible to determine what the problem might be.
There are many possible reasons for unsharp photos, but poor camera performance (assuming the camera is operating normally) isn't very high on the list.
It's usually something that's easily correctable like camera shake, too-low shutter speed (subject-motion blur), better understanding of the auto-focus capabilities of the lens, lens-focus corrections or about 20 other variables.
We'll look at your photos and try to help.
Ron
07-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter

The k-7 is capable of very sharp images but to do so all factors must be included. A sharp image requires a good lens, a good camera, and proper technique by the photographer. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

I doubt it is the camera as the k-7 is very capable so you should look to the lens or your technique. As others have suggested show some examples with EXIF included and it should be easy to help.

Last edited by jatrax; 07-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

As a K-7 owner I can vouch for what jatrax and others have written. When I first got the camera I too was disappointed with the images. With practice and learning from others on this forum I have been able to produce better images even with the basic kit lens.

Some essentials.

• Small f stop at least 2 stops smaller than maximum opening of the lens
  • High shutter speed
  • Low ISO as possible. Above ISO 800 noise can become a problem
  • Be wary of auto focus, it does not always focus on what you think is important.
  • Use Shake Reduction OR tripod
  • Practice
  • Practice
  • Practice
Good luck and I hope to see some results soon.