Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10D in camera battery charging.

Is it me or does this feature not exist. I saw there was a wall plug setup for the camera but I read a review that is does not charge the batteries... is that true?

03-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Is it me or does this feature not exist. I saw there was a wall plug setup for the camera but I read a review that is does not charge the batteries... is that true?
As far as I know, you cannot charge the battery in camera. You will need either a second battery, or the grip with a second battery in it. I have my K10D set to use the grip battery first, and I recharge it as needed. Every now and then I exchange the two batteries.
03-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ac adapter does not charge batts in camera. Most companies are afraid to do so because of heat and other issues. Wouldn't want my expensive camera hooked to the electrical line. If something goes wrong it could get fried. Better to charge batt out of camera.
thanks
barondla
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Ac adapter does not charge batts in camera.
Also, waste of space and weight.

03-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Ac adapter does not charge batts in camera. Most companies are afraid to do so because of heat and other issues. Wouldn't want my expensive camera hooked to the electrical line. If something goes wrong it could get fried. Better to charge batt out of camera.
thanks
barondla
Not to mention explosion due to pressure build-up
03-20-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Buddha, the AC adapter is intended to supply power in cases when battery exhaustion would be troublesome, as when downloading data from the camera to computer using USB, either to download an SD(HC) card or when shooting tethered in a studio setup.