Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote

In several years I have never deliberately switched off SR. (The camera switches it off in some situations). I have read lots of warnings, but in many 10s of 1000s of panned shots I have never spotted what I think is a problem caused by having SR on. I would be happy to learn more about why it should be switched off, with photos where it has gone wrong, but until then I'll continue to leave it on.
There are two situaions i can tink off.
SR also compensate for left and right movement so if you pan it can steady the shot at first as static subject and then when it hits it's limit pan with the camera, so you need to activate the SR and pan before hitting the shutter.

The other is when the camera is perfectly steady like on a good tripod, the SR can get into a sort of feedbackloop where it will correct it's own correction, you can get blurry images that way. But normally it's not a problem but if you get a blurry image while on a tripod you know where to look.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography