01-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A Little Vindication

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Pass my a serving of crow.

I got home early enough this evening to retry my K10D and the K28/2 I mentioned in the OP outside in natural light. Sorry to say that it overexposes at lens openings of less than f/4 - as others are reporting. Experiments with my FA35/2 using the A setting and the aperature ring indicate that the overexposure is about 1EV. Guess I was fooled last night by the low light conditions (also I was "testing" durng the cocktail hour).

Anyway, sorry for the misleading reply quoted above.

Jerry
Perhaps I won't bite into the crow after all. Perusing Dpreview last evening, I noticed a thread in which two or three folks experiencing the "green button problem" with K/M lenses noted that the over exposure is less pronounced under low light. So maybe cocktail hour was not the culprit - perhaps I'm seeing what others have. BTW, for those that have a K10D with this problem there is a work around: for lens openings of less than f/4, use the stop down lever for metering and increase shutter speed sufficiently to decrease the exposure 1.5 EV.

Jerry

01-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #17

Or pull the ring to the DOF position and use the meter in the camera like the one in the MX. It closes the lens to the selected aperture, and the meter can be used like a bar graph.

But remember, you're not in Matirx mode, you're in center-weighted mode!
01-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dana G Quote
Or pull the ring to the DOF position and use the meter in the camera like the one in the MX. It closes the lens to the selected aperture, and the meter can be used like a bar graph.

But remember, you're not in Matirx mode, you're in center-weighted mode!
Hey, Dana - yeah that's what I was talking about; my use of the term "stop down lever" rather than "DOF preview" shows my age!

Jerry
01-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Dana - yeah that's what I was talking about; my use of the term "stop down lever" rather than "DOF preview" shows my age!

Jerry
Hmm.. But "Stop Down Lever" is the correct term for referring to! Whereas the "DOF preview" is just the function :-)

01-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Here is a rough translation of a post in a German forum. Seems the OP had a lot of luck solving the "exposure issue" using a DS focusing screen in a K10. (or maybe just bad luck using a K10 screen in a DS???) Anyways, I tried to clean up the quote a bit. Test images look promising. The issue is how could a focusing screen diffuse the light enough to confuse the meter?

Hello Blende8, I have a Workaround using the original focusing screen from a istDs. You tested Tekade Schnittbildscheiben and LX screens, thus different screens and got other results. Through it you can confirm nor disprove then however neither my Workaround. It may be that my K10D is different than all different, but with me it works. I had straight on it no desire, but here an exposure series, in each case on the left of in the m-mode with the K10D screen in my istDs (I do not have desire to build now constantly there my Sucher am still dust free) and right with the istDs focusing screen in the K10D: F1,7: Image F2,8: Image F4,0: Image F5,6: Image F8: Image F11: Image F16: Image With F22 fell out of metering range, therefore no example. * istDs behaves with the K10D-Scheibe accurately as, as before the K10D with this disk. The K10D works now just as accurately with * the istDS screen, as I was used to it of * istDs. This is with all means objectives with blendenring, that in such a way must it now however believe or also not - still more test patterns I make not Smile As said, perhaps I have only the impudent luck that only with my K10D goes in such a way. Around to judge would have to test others in addition, times * the istDs disk and not TeKaDe, LX, MX or other other disks in the K10D. Best greetings Rainer
DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - Workaround für K10D Probleme mit M-Objektiven

Anyone care to try the focus screen swap w/ a K10 and DS??????

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-25-2007 at 07:52 AM.
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Veteran Member

i was unaware there was a green button issue with use of the aperture setting ring and any none A positon with the K10 but from reading dpreview it seems there is..

it seems that on at least some K10s the green button dosnt work as it should do..

i always find it interesting when such basic functions as this dont work as they should and cant help wondering why..

trog
01-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Baffles me as well