Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
I do hear the sound but only if I put my ear right next to the speaker. I cannot possibly think of it as a problem, it is quite normal for any sound system to make some click or other sound when switching on.

On the other hand I don't know if it the same sound that you are hearing, maybe yours is much louder or different.
Likely the same thing that we're hearing. Sounds like this is normal. I recently was passing by an electronics store and went inside- happens they had a K-30 on display and it did the same thing.
Thanks for looking onto it, Lister.

11-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schmidt Quote
Likely the same thing that we're hearing. Sounds like this is normal. I recently was passing by an electronics store and went inside- happens they had a K-30 on display and it did the same thing.
Thanks for looking onto it, Lister.
A very belated update ... Compared two K-30s side-by-side and found mine emitted a noticeably louder popping on power-up. Manager at camera store agreed this was abnormal sounding (he shoots Pentax himself) and I am awaiting a replacement body.
11-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds almost like a bad ground somewhere.
11-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Sounds almost like a bad ground somewhere.
That might well be it...Only the folks at Pentax are gonna know when they finally open it up. At any rate, I'm glad someone stopped treating me like a complete imbicile at decided to listen closer. The first clerk tried to convince me it was the sensor cleaning mechanism -- when he finally heard the sound my complaint was effectively dismissed, as if he couldn't be bothered. I eventually caught the manager in store, who agreed something was wrong. After all this I'm getting a new camera -- I truly enjoy the colours produced by Pentax, the weather sealing, the feeling of just holding it. I'm crossing my fingers for a good copy now.