Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is one feature that I wish was available - and probably easily added via firmware too.

I don't ever remember "committing photography" with no film loaded. Acknowledging the film ASA and type was simply too integral to the process to overlook. And the mechanical feel of the body was a clue - recognizing the film drag on the advance lever and feeling the movement of the rewind knob were part of the shot set-up.

DSLRs on the other hand . . . or is it just old-age and CRS setting in?

I'd welcome a subtle BEEP (or maybe a loud embarrassing klaxon horn?) when activating the camera without a memory card installed. That's the one noise I'd choose to leave active.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
If I press the AF button,
An' while I'm wishin' . . . I'd like to see the AF button placed on the grip under the 'middle finger' where I can find it. Especially useful if you use a wrist strap that hinders finger position. (I've put a tiny drop of silicone sealer on a few buttons to give better tactile clues to their position.)

H2

Last edited by pacerr; 08-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.
08-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
An' while I'm wishin' . . . I'd like to see the AF button placed on the grip under the 'middle finger' where I can find it.
pacerr, this is actually a brilliant idea. I've switched to using the AF button for focus and find it both intuitive and secure. My thumb naturally rests near that spot anyway, so it was simple to train myself. Avoiding the accidental shutter press when only trying to focus is of course the major benefit, but it also helps when repositioning your framing while not losing your focus point. Saying this, however, does not minimize your suggestion. Why not add this feature? How difficult would it be to have a secondary button that triggers the same result? (All you engineers out there will probably correct me if I'm off-base.) Pentax has always put a lot of effort into ergonomics. I'm sure this would offer flexibility to many more people.
08-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley:
Pentax has always put a lot of effort into ergonomics. I'm sure this would offer flexibility to many more people.
That's true about ergonomics - and why not have a programmable button controlled by that most useful right, middle finger. Then we could enjoy it's utility as we see fit.

Even assign it to auto-reflex action in the event that some one belittles the Pentax logo adjacent to it? . . . er,

H2
08-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Even assign it to auto-reflex action in the event that some one belittles the Pentax logo adjacent to it? . . . er,
As a lefty it pains me to say this, but RIGHT ON!

Jeff

08-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There is one feature that I wish was available - and probably easily added via firmware too.
Can we please keep this thread dedicated to features that exist but may not be widely known?

Please post your suggestions for improvements to the "Dear Pentax" thread.
08-03-2013, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have re-organised and re-formatted my first post so that it summarises the contributions made so far.

If you find any of the contributions useful, feel free to "like" the respective post.

Last edited by Class A; 08-03-2013 at 10:49 PM.
08-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #37
Forum Member

Hi,

This is a fantastic thread where one can get extremely useful information.

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

08-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Diego Quote
This is a fantastic thread where one can get extremely useful information.
Thanks, Diego!
08-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #39

As a MF shooter I use CIF all the time, I find it very accurate. When i want to override it I use the AF button and compose my picture.

Thank you all.
08-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #40

Thank you for these precious advices.