Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Yes.

No.

I see no necessary contradiction whatsoever. I am not proposing that the present configuration of TAv mode should be abandoned but, rather, that there should also be an additional optional user setting for those that want it.

Simply put - I tell the gear how I want it to work not the other way around.

And I bet it wouldn't take more than a few additional lines of code in the next BIOs update.

Thanks for your thoughts.
There is an additional setting, in fact 2 - they are called Tv and Av! If TAv isn't working, one of those can do the same thing. Also agree with the other points here that checking exposure and aperture/shutter speeds should be part of the dance you're talking about, not apart from it.

08-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I, for one, was glad to learn that I'm not the only one who has had this problem (particularly shooting sports.). It would be nice to be able to "lock in" the settings I suppose but (now) I usually remember to check the settings from time to time in the course of a shoot.
08-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I don't see any contradiction in the OP's suggestion.

Sure, the control wheels are physical controls, but they are stateless, unlike the exposure metering selection or AF method. So it wouldn't do any harm to have an option to disable them. Also, this wouldn't affect real-time performance.

Like a lot of options in the K-5, I probably wouldn't set this option, but having it there wouldn't upset me either.
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Gaffer tape.

Masking tape will crud up your camera too much.

I would also like a way to lock out the dials on occasion. Your description of shooting as dance is spot on.

08-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
small roll of narrow masking tape to my kit
Keep a large roll of gaffer tape in your bag, it cures all known problems for photographers instantly.

Well apart from exposure/composition issues I guess.