Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Dan.

I'm going to try it now.....

03-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Well, a couple of months ago I bought a refurbished F810. It's a great little camera and has lovely IQ...
03-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #33
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Tipptoggy Quote
K100D issues.

The camersa will not work with sany kinmd of AA battery, bog standard or rechargeable. I'vetried uit with everything from1100Mh to 2500mH sets and it won't work. Works insatnctly with CR V3s.

if your K100D wont use AA's then I would say its defective and needs to be serviced. the K110, K100 and K100 Super all use AA batteries and my K110 works just fine with everything from standard AA (albeit not for long) to the 2650 mAh duracell recharables I normally use.
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I had the s602z a couple of cameras ago and I agree that it is a great camera. The only reason I got rid of it was that it was too heavy--fast forward a little over a year later and now I have the K10D with an ample (and growing) supply of lenses, which put together are a good bit heavier than the s602z--ha ha! The difference this time around is that I have a better neck strap which doesn't wear my neck out so fast (Op/Tech Pro Pro & Pro Loop Strap | Demo Page).

I took the s602 with me to San Francisco in 2006 and got some amazing images with it like the one below. I still look at some of those pics and find it hard to believe that I actually took them myself.

Heather

Last edited by heatherslightbox; 08-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
03-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
Hey all, been under the weather since I got my k100d and haven't been able to go on a full photoshoot, and now I've upset some on a Fuji forum I'm also on, for telling them how sharp my first pics came out with my Pentax compared to the s8000fd and it's mega 18x zoom, could someone post or send me a link to any shots made with the Sigma 70-300mm lens? I want to see some pics shot at the full focal length of the lens and some macro shots made with it, want to see a comparison as far as sharpness.goes, I've included some Fuji s8000fd shots to show how it handled a similar test. it

Thanks
Barry
Not a K100D, but here are a few with the K10D and the Sigma, all in camera .jpegs at 300mm and wide open with no post processing Re: [Lens] Which lens for K100d S - dslreports.com. This one is a post processed in camera jpeg macro shot with the same lens Picture album dimaging - dslreports.com.

Last edited by Jodokast96; 03-27-2008 at 06:03 PM.
03-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Really?

Hey All, I admit, I was swayed to the pressure of buying Fuji bridgecams for the last two years, first it was the s5200,then I bought a s700/5700 and finally was lured into buying a s8000 and it's long 18x zoom. They all promised (mostly the s0000) DSLR quality without the muss and fuss of changing lenses. I guess you get what you pay for, These Fuji cams do produce shots in very low light provided you have ear plugs (lots of noise at even 400 ISO or lower) Macros are great but that's about the only thing I can say about Fuji cams. Now I am a recovering Fujiholic and back to the brand that got me started in photography as a kid (used to have a Pentax Spotmatic F) and relearning to have more control over my cam instead of the other way around. Anyone else been swayed by the brochures that Fuji produced and thought, "I never get those kind of results?" I have seen the light and never going back. My K100D is quite the learning machine but that's what I wanted at a reasonable price and it delivers.

Barry
I heard you had been "banned" from the Fuji Talk Forum around the same time you joined this forum. And this came from an email you sent to someone in the FTF. I just hope you don't start the same story-telling, misrepresenting here that you did on the FTF, like posting photos that are not your own. I see that your temporary ban on the FTF has lapsed and you are back there posting again, off topic as usual. I just hope that you don't start the same here.
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Mike, Get A Life. Geeze!

QuoteOriginally posted by mike920 Quote
I heard you had been "banned" from the Fuji Talk Forum around the same time you joined this forum. And this came from an email you sent to someone in the FTF. I just hope you don't start the same story-telling, misrepresenting here that you did on the FTF, like posting photos that are not your own. I see that your temporary ban on the FTF has lapsed and you are back there posting again, off topic as usual. I just hope that you don't start the same here.
Did you join the Pentax group tonight just to harass me like you do in the Fuji forum or add to your collection of hijacked topics and threads that people start... like this one...and the one in the Fuji forum where gas prices on signs bothered you, you probably complained and that got be banned for no reason. Most people enjoyed the topic. If you don't like a topic, nobody is holding a gun to your head to click on it. I'm not responding to anymore of your posts er rants, they're a waste of time.
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Barry, I didn't ban you from the FTF. Your actions did. I did not push the complain button on you. The only thing I am concerned about is you starting the same thing on this forum that got you banned on the Fuji Talk Forum. These people do not deserve that. You may feel you can fool most people all of the time, but never ALL of the people all of the time. The purpose for this and other forums is for the exchange of information that applies to our cameras. Not for grandstanding.

03-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Barry, I didn't ban you from the FTF. Your actions did. I did not push the complain button on you. The only thing I am concerned about is you starting the same thing on this forum that got you banned on the Fuji Talk Forum. These people do not deserve that. You may feel you can fool most people all of the time, but never ALL of the people all of the time. The purpose for this and other forums is for the exchange of information that applies to our cameras. Not for grandstanding.
Can't have it both ways Mike, when I first got the Fuji s8000, I loved the cam but was naive into thinking it was better than it was and thought it could perhaps make pics equal to that of a DSLR, for that I was called a "fanboy" Now that I have "seen the light" I now realize what others were trying to tell me. I have NEVER posted any picture that wasn't mine!!! Maybe that's good because you've hated any pic I've ever posted, so in your eyes, I'm stealing crappy pictures LOL. You can't no why I was banned
from FTF unless you reported it, I never got any letter telling of the situation as to why myself, so how would you know? Don't know why I bothered responding to this, I'm actually hijacking my own hijacked topic. BTW, In the FTF, my e-mail addy is public and this issue could have been taken care of privately however your addy is "not disclosed" on there. Hmmm, I wonder why? I hate public flame wars

Barry
03-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #40
Inactive Account

Can't have it both ways Mike, when I first got the Fuji s8000, I loved the cam but was naive into thinking it was better than it was and thought it could perhaps make pics equal to that of a DSLR, for that I was called a "fanboy" Now that I have "seen the light" I now realize what others were trying to tell me. I have NEVER posted any picture that wasn't mine!!! Maybe that's good because you've hated any pic I've ever posted, so in your eyes, I'm stealing crappy pictures LOL. You can't no why I was banned
from FTF unless you reported it, I never got any letter telling of the situation as to why myself, so how would you know? Don't know why I bothered responding to this, I'm actually hijacking my own hijacked topic. BTW, In the FTF, my e-mail addy is public and this issue could have been taken care of privately however your addy is "not disclosed" on there. Hmmm, I wonder why? I hate public flame wars

Barry
Barry,

Am very happy that you had a "religious experience". But, you have stolen "crappy" photos as you put it and posted it as your own on the FTF. I mean. who's fooling who here. I have nothing to gain by this, but I will not stand by and watch you drag your habits and tactics into this forum. These people do not know you and I am not going to be the one to do "character assassinations" here. You do a good job all by yourself on that score. Having been banned from DPReview's Fuji Talk Forum is no laughing matter and you are in complete denial about this. Like I said, I am not here to show you up or make fun of you, but to stop you from ever doing that here. I'm just happy that you had enough sense in not posting your Halloween 2007 photos here. Need I say more? Stick with facts and photography stuff and don't get involved with "stories". There are enough politicians out there on soap boxes.
03-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #41
axl
Veteran Member

I started with Fuji S3200 and later with S5600 (these are UK markings so in US they can be different, I think 5600 = US 5200). Was happy with them, and considered IQ good. Then I bought K100D as soon as it came out and never looked back. When I now watch my fujidays pics I am amazed how could I live with that noise levels, AF "speed" and response times...
To sum it up: in 20 months I bought 2 Fuji's. Since 10/2006 I bought 2 K100D bodies and 7 lenses... I guess I don't have to tell you in which camp I'll be satying
03-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #42
Inactive Account

Original Poster
One More Thing

Barry,

Am very happy that you had a "religious experience". But, you have stolen "crappy" photos as you put it and posted it as your own on the FTF. I mean. who's fooling who here. I have nothing to gain by this, but I will not stand by and watch you drag your habits and tactics into this forum. These people do not know you and I am not going to be the one to do "character assassinations" here. You do a good job all by yourself on that score. Having been banned from DPReview's Fuji Talk Forum is no laughing matter and you are in complete denial about this. Like I said, I am not here to show you up or make fun of you, but to stop you from ever doing that here. I'm just happy that you had enough sense in not posting your Halloween 2007 photos here. Need I say more? Stick with facts and photography stuff and don't get involved with "stories". There are enough politicians out there on soap boxes.
Mike,
You must be looking at my Photobucket account, if stealing to you is using that service to post someone else's pic to show how I would post process it, I'm guilty as charged but to say I saying "I'm calling it my own" is slanderous at worst. My pictures I'll admit are not "Van Gogh" but I'm learning, I never even see you post any pictures at all. Those Halloween 2007 pictures were some of the first shots taken with the s8000 when I got it, most flash shots turned out great, if your talking content, it was Halloween for criss sakes. I started the topic your in and for for two pages of it, members here enjoyed it, now go home, your mother is calling for dinner. AXLs post above has experienced the same thing I did and relate to it.

Barry
03-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Both of you need to let it go. What ever happened elsewhere is not an issue, unless and until it starts happening here. Until then, Shutterpuppy, stop letting him bait you or just put him on your ignore list, and Mike post on topic and quit the personal, unprovoked attacks or it will be you that gets reported. Whether what you say is true or not, this kind of stuff is what the people here don't deserve. Everyone here will decide for themselves if his behavior is acceptable or not.
03-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #44
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank You Jodokast96

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Both of you need to let it go. What ever happened elsewhere is not an issue, unless and until it starts happening here. Until then, Shutterpuppy, stop letting him bait you or just put him on your ignore list, and Mike post on topic and quit the personal, unprovoked attacks or it will be you that gets reported. Whether what you say is true or not, this kind of stuff is what the people here don't deserve. Everyone here will decide for themselves if his behavior is acceptable or not.
You said it all.
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #45
Site Supporter

My wife had already bought me a Fuji S5200 in November 2006 when I discussed and decided to buy a Pentax K100D. She did not say a word, until I opened the present weeks later. I'm happy to have both! We uses our Pentax DSLRs most of the time, but if we are going on a multi day trip we take our Fujis. Lighter, no extra lenses, lasts forever on alkaline batteries, and they have that neat lens cap that clips on the strap! The Pentax lens caps will sometimes stay on the strup if forced on, but the Fuji cap is far superior.