Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
well they have only just released the K20D and in demonstrating their commitment to us could keep supporting the K10D I mean its not fair of them to just tell us to get lost the K20D is not a cheap camera at least by my current budget and yes I do expect some support for my newly bought K10D I'm surprised the function was not added in the first place I mean my old fuji does it press the shutter and it fires off 3 shots

03-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by simons-photography Quote
well they have only just released the K20D and in demonstrating their commitment to us could keep supporting the K10D I mean its not fair of them to just tell us to get lost the K20D is not a cheap camera at least by my current budget and yes I do expect some support for my newly bought K10D I'm surprised the function was not added in the first place I mean my old fuji does it press the shutter and it fires off 3 shots
That's all I do. I press the shutter (or hold down the remote button) and the camera takes 5 shots. The only difference is that I must press the button for each shot, briefly, or hold it down. I can see uses for taking the shots at varying intervals, such as, for example, taking a picture across a busy street. I can take every shot when the cars are not between me and the subject. I can also see that it would be more convenient to use just one brief press to shoot them all. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Every camera has advantages and drawbacks. In many instances my KX would be a better camera to use than the K10D, and my original Pentax would be even better than the KX. One such situation is long exposures.
  • K10D - must hold either the shutter button or remote. Exposure time limited by battery power. Exposure quality limited by sensor heating.
  • KX - No sensor heating, no battery dependence, but if I put a battery in it I can use in camera match needle metering. With a locking cable release to hold the shutter open in bulb, I can take a 14 day exposure if I want.
  • Original Pentax - Needs no battery. No place to put one either. Set the top dial to 1/25, the front dial to T. One press to open the shutter, another to close it. If I have a locking cable release, I can set the front dial to 1/25 and the top dial to B. Of course the camera has no automatic aperture control, no metering of any description, must have at least one aperture ring and would be 51 years old. Top shutter speed of 1/500. Doesn't take K mount lenses, either.
03-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AlexM Quote
Another solution would be to get the K20D. It has the multiple shot feature you mentioned. I use it all the time when I shoot HDRs. It's quite handy.

Alex
Damn! I was hoping not to hear something like that! Well, I guess I'll just have to carry on as I am. Still, I'm sure they could quite easily slip that into a Firmware update without losing too many K20 sales. I certainly would'nt fork out the extra cash just for that!
03-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by willywalker Quote
Damn! I was hoping not to hear something like that! Well, I guess I'll just have to carry on as I am. Still, I'm sure they could quite easily slip that into a Firmware update without losing too many K20 sales. I certainly would'nt fork out the extra cash just for that!
its not a significant loss but would be nice to have in the K10D as well, it advoids buying the cable which I guess I will have to do soon