Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K-x burst mode stops after 3 shots

I have one Question about burst mode, K-x... I have Transcend 8Gb class 10... and my K-x on burst mode "Hi" shoots only 3 frames and stop... in "Lo" mode again shoot 3 frames , but slower... What is this about

08-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, do you have shadow/highlight or lens corrections enabled? That could slow things down.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi, Adam... None ot these mentioned... stil stop after 3 shots
08-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
have you tested the speed of your card? I haven't had great luck with transcend personally, but I gave up on them years ago so maybe they have improved.
I assume you're shooting RAW? DP review was getting 5 frames in raw and 16 frames in jpeg before slowdown. They were using the more expensive Sandisk cards....

08-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Double check all the lens correction AND CA removal is off. This processing bogs down the K-x. I was like you until I turned these off in my K-x. Now get 5-6 frames in RAW before slowing. I did try JPEG out of curosity and got a lot more before slowing. That was with a fast but not particularly fast card. The internal write speed of the K-x ultimately becomes the limiting factor, and beyond a certain point, faster and faster cards won't help. I think the K-x write speed is circa 10-15 mb/sec so once you have a card with write speed above that, you are at the limits inherent in the camera in terms of its ability to clear its memory buffer.
08-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe it's your card. I use Lexar Professional class 10 cards with the K-x & they work great, even when shooting RAW in burst mode. B&H had a good deal on them some time ago. You might check there if you're in need of a new card.

Good luck!
Bob :-)
11-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Double check all the lens correction AND CA removal is off. This processing bogs down the K-x. I was like you until I turned these off in my K-x. Now get 5-6 frames in RAW before slowing. I did try JPEG out of curosity and got a lot more before slowing. That was with a fast but not particularly fast card. The internal write speed of the K-x ultimately becomes the limiting factor, and beyond a certain point, faster and faster cards won't help. I think the K-x write speed is circa 10-15 mb/sec so once you have a card with write speed above that, you are at the limits inherent in the camera in terms of its ability to clear its memory buffer.
Hi Southlander, now is everything OK, but I have another question, if You be kind... Well, when I shoot in RAW, and want to postprocess in ACDsee, (it is only I have) , picture appears for 2 seconds, and after that I can see only black surface... in the RAW working area.... Do You know why ?

11-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The initial image that you see for 2 seconds is probably the embedded thumbnail.

Searching for 'acdsee raw' : http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en-ZA&source=hp&q=acdsee+raw&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1. Check what google found and see if your version of ACDSee supports RAW and which format (PEF and/or DNG).

PS
Your camera should have come with software as well
11-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
The initial image that you see for 2 seconds is probably the embedded thumbnail.

Searching for 'acdsee raw' : http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en-ZA&source=hp&q=acdsee+raw&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1. Check what google found and see if your version of ACDSee supports RAW and which format (PEF and/or DNG).

PS
Your camera should have come with software as well
Thanks for answer
In ACDsee I have RAW button, so I supppose that version supports RAW, I tried to shoot in both modes PEF and DNG, and result is same
I have camera software, but it is so poor, You can do nothing with it but looking
12-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

WHen you say it stops after 3 shots do you mean it shoots no more until you release the trigger and press again? If so I'm guessing you have maybe bracketing, HDR or something like that enabled which will always take just three shots.