Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Broken Camera (Replacement)

I recently broke my Pentax K-30 after it fell out of my bag (poor baby). Luckily I bought the damage protection warranty. So bestbuy is sending me a check for 800 dollars about 300 bucks more than the camera is worth . My question is should I wait to hear for pentax's announcement or should I pull the trigger now? Also does anyone know the time frame of when the announcement will be?

P.S I have not been a Pentaxian for very long. Typically how long after they announce a camera does one go on sale?

09-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 889
There's supposed to be some sort of announcement tomorrow, so wait for 24 hours, but it's unlikely that if it's the 'big' announcement to do with FF that the camera will be anywhere near $800, so whilst you're waiting look at the K50 that's replaced the K30.
09-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
There's supposed to be some sort of announcement tomorrow, so wait for 24 hours, but it's unlikely that if it's the 'big' announcement to do with FF that the camera will be anywhere near $800, so whilst you're waiting look at the K50 that's replaced the K30.
Definitely wait for the announcements coming, however if you liked your k-30 I'd say there is no reason to spend the extra money on a K-50 when you could put $300+ into a nice lens (or two...or towards a really nice lens).
09-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Definitely wait for the announcements coming, however if you liked your k-30 I'd say there is no reason to spend the extra money on a K-50 when you could put $300+ into a nice lens (or two...or towards a really nice lens).
Thanks for the update I did not realize the announcement would be tomorrow. If I was to go for a new camera today it would be the k5 II as under 800 bucks on amazon plus I still have my kit lens and some other quality glass.

09-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter
rbefly's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,030
Five or Fifty?

If it was my choice, I'd get a K-5 (II or IIS) now, anyway. If Pentax sees fit to announce a new flagship APS-C DSLR, it won't be anywhere near $800, and a full frame (highly doubtful) would be even higher.
Look at it this way; It's a free upgrade!
JMO
Ron
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
If it was my choice, I'd get a K-5 (II or IIS) now, anyway. If Pentax sees fit to announce a new flagship APS-C DSLR, it won't be anywhere near $800, and a full frame (highly doubtful) would be even higher.
Look at it this way; It's a free upgrade!
JMO
Ron
True. Also they just lowed the prices on them a few days ago I could not see a company lowering there price twice in a month... But who actually knows with pentax's pricing now a days :P
09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Original Poster
Ahhhh just took the plunge and order it on amazon with next day. Should have a K5 II tomorrow.
09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 110
QuoteOriginally posted by StevenMatchett Quote
True. Also they just lowed the prices on them a few days ago I could not see a company lowering there price twice in a month... But who actually knows with pentax's pricing now a days :P
I don't expect that Pentax would lower the price, but I'm hoping vendors might to clear inventory if there's a new product coming. But yeah, probably not gonna happen.

QuoteOriginally posted by StevenMatchett Quote
Ahhhh just took the plunge and order it on amazon with next day. Should have a K5 II tomorrow.
nice I've had it in my Amazon shopping cart for three days now...can't quite bring myself to click purchase. Maybe after the announcement tomorrow.

09-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dagaetch Quote
I don't expect that Pentax would lower the price, but I'm hoping vendors might to clear inventory if there's a new product coming. But yeah, probably not gonna happen.


nice I've had it in my Amazon shopping cart for three days now...can't quite bring myself to click purchase. Maybe after the announcement tomorrow.
Amazon offers free return shipping with a window of 30 days that's what gave me the impulse to not worry about tomorrows announcement
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
announcement, camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Camera Strap Clips Fl_Gulfer Pentax K-5 9 08-13-2014 08:50 AM
My Camera is still broken wjt Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 04-17-2013 08:37 AM
Is this lens or camera broken? (sample pics) heartx3jess Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 12 10-28-2012 02:12 AM
How to check camera seals for replacement? LeDave Pentax Film SLR Discussion 15 09-07-2012 07:02 PM
Broken dreams, broken camera brkl Post Your Photos! 3 03-10-2009 05:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top